PDA

View Full Version : Nicaragua Advice

Clark
03-04-2014, 03:29 PM
It looks like my next fly fishing adventure is taking me to Nicaragua! Has anyone on the board ever fished down there? Any advice on trusted outfitters or travel companies that might know the FF game? Any info would be great.

Thanks

Clark

MJones
03-04-2014, 07:34 PM
Clark,
John Pinto would be an excellent contact for Nicaragua. He lives in Michigan & has quite a fly tying operation in Nicaragua. He makes a trip a month to Nicaragua. He hosts a trip to Mayaguana, Bahamas & I went there with Him last March. A really good man, great guide/fisherman & excellent caster.
email: bn1fish2@gmail.com
Mel

left field
03-05-2014, 09:41 AM
I just spent 10 days on the west coast in San Juan del Sur. Beautiful country, but no ff opportunity that I could see. There is a guide in SJ that focuses on deep sea or inshore trolling. I guess you could surf cast as long as you had something to cut the wind which is pretty steady this time of year.

The east coast may be a different game entirely.

Clark
03-05-2014, 12:18 PM
Roger that. Thanks guys. I'll try contacting John Pinto.

David Lee
03-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Let us know what you find out , Clark . Watch for Bull Sharks , too .... that part of the world is loaded with them .

D.~

BS720
03-27-2014, 05:15 PM
I'll be happy to give you any info you need. I need more specifics, though. Are you fine in desolation the entire time, how long and budget, do you want to party or sightsee at all, etc. Also, have you already picked a part of the country to visit? Taking someone else with you?

Forget about the bull sharks. I've swam, fished, surfed and screwed in the pacific on that coast over 200 times. Never seen or heard of an attack.

There are only two outfits, set up in Nicaragua, that I know of, that are fly specific. One is in the Corns, the other is in Río San Juan. Both places are week long trips of their own, require significant travel, and are not really convenient to anything else in the country.

Need more info.

MJones
03-28-2014, 08:19 PM
Clark,
Sorry I screwed up on John Pintos email address. It is bn1fsh2@gmail.com. Leave the "i out of fish. He's looking forward to hearing from you. I've been in the Cook Islands for 2 weeks just got back & discovered my mistake.
Mel Jones