PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a book called Roaring Salmon

winxp_man
03-03-2014, 01:47 PM
Hey guys so as most have probably seen my trip report or story I met a very nice ol timer and while chatting with him (his name is Lee) he told me about this book. Its a book a friend of his fathers wrote about the Van Duzen (from what he said) and maybe talks about the Eel too. But anyways I went online and tried to find it with no luck. So I might not have the correct title and I can not for the love of God remember the name of the gentleman's father or his friend (the author). This book is supposedly written and published in the 1970's but the era the book is written about is 1930's.

If anyone that remembers that far can help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Steve S
03-04-2014, 05:08 PM
Could it be this...

http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/76449566/roaring-salmon-eel-river

Larry S
03-04-2014, 06:51 PM
Steve,
Wow, that's quite a find if it's what he was looking for. I checked Amazon and thriftbooks and found zero.
I was about to suggest to Aron that he try the libraries in the Eureka area. Steve; you should be working
on cold cases @ police dept's.
Best,
Larry S

winxp_man
03-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Steve I found that link to and my sister being she goes to Sac State was able to login and I read it. All it was, was an article like a news paper or magazine. Its not the complete book. I tried to look it up through a book finder online but nothing came up.

It might be like you said Larry. Might have to remember and check out the local library in Eureka when I got up there in the summer or fall.

k.hanley
03-07-2014, 09:16 AM
Howdy Aron,
Maybe it was a self-published book with very limited distribution???? I'm only guessing.

Sounds like a book I'd enjoy reading.
Cheers, Ken

DAVID95670
03-10-2014, 02:13 PM
hey Aron

Maybe it is not the name of the book? Maybe the book does not exist? just thinking

Wing Blue
03-12-2014, 10:17 AM
There is a new book about Bill Schaadt??? They had articles about Mr. Schaadt in Field and Stream in the 70's. Good luck in your search.

Larry S
03-12-2014, 06:00 PM
The "new" book about Bill Schaadt is entitled " I know Bill Schaadt Portrait of a Fly Fishing Legend."
Author is ben Taylor. I don't think this is what Aron is talking about.
Best,
Larry S