PDA

View Full Version : Damsels in shallow Oregon lake?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-28-2014, 08:10 PM
http://vimeo.com/73016009

Fly fishing for trout on surface hatches in lakes is one of my favorite things to do.

This will teach you to cast a long ways.

jbird
02-28-2014, 08:40 PM
Damsel migrations are magical! My favorite Stillwater action of all!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-01-2014, 06:03 AM
Might be on Davis Lake in Oregon?

Our Cortland Line Rep, Joe Patterson, took us there in 1976 for the Callibaetis mayfly hackle.

Before that I always used 6x for trout. Had to go to 4x for these big Rainbows over 5 pounds.

Pimpinmeat
03-01-2014, 01:33 PM
I experienced some serious damsel hatch's for the first time this year on several lakes. Davis was the most awesome of all because everything I caught was on a fly I tied. The first fish was about 6lbs and crushed the fly. I can't wait for it to happen this year.

Mark Kranhold
03-01-2014, 02:54 PM
That's some serious Stillwater there ! Catchy tune too..

tcorfey
03-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks for sharing Bill.

I liked this one too.
http://vimeo.com/85147880

Terry Thomas
03-04-2014, 07:53 AM
Very nice! Looks familiar.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
03-04-2014, 12:06 PM
In the 1970s Joe Patterson took us in a small boat out to the Odell Channel and we all go out and waded there on a nice callibaetis hatch.

Davis Lake in Oregon was very low then.

I have a photo of one of use, Barry Worth, wading with a 5 pound Rainbow in mid-air. One of those lucky shots.......

Joe Patterson, the Cortland Line Rep, knew Cal Jordon of La Pine, Oregon who was one of the top fly fishers in the area of the Greatest Generation. He taught Joe how to fish all those lakes in central Oregon.

Nate Bailey
03-20-2014, 11:04 PM
That Place Rocks, bet they weren't dries though;)

JAWallace
03-29-2014, 07:10 PM
In the 1970s Joe Patterson took us in a small boat out to the Odell Channel and we all go out and waded there on a nice callibaetis hatch.

Davis Lake in Oregon was very low then.

I have a photo of one of use, Barry Worth, wading with a 5 pound Rainbow in mid-air. One of those lucky shots.......

Joe Patterson, the Cortland Line Rep, knew Cal Jordon of La Pine, Oregon who was one of the top fly fishers in the area of the Greatest Generation. He taught Joe how to fish all those lakes in central Oregon.

. I still have some flies Cal tied for me. They were caddis case imitations for the Fall River (Oregon). You can't use split shot in FF only water in Oregon, so he used fuse lead wrap. Also very good for the Metolius. He was awesome, and very patient with a then FF newbie.