PDA

View Full Version : 3 Day Delta Report

James
02-26-2014, 08:09 AM

Fished Sunday for the second half of the day with a buddy for a total of roughly 10-12 little guys. Ran in to Steve Santucci ( he was having a good day as usual ), and he was nice enough to take a couple pic's of my new skiff for me. We fished over in same area that I've been getting to know, but I'm still very green on the whole Delta. We fished from 12:30 till dark, and almost all fish came the last hour of day light. It was an fun day with a good buddy.

Monday I only had till 11-11:30 to fish, fished in the same general area but a couple different spots. Got one fish about 5-6 pds and about 4-5 little guys, but right before I had to leave, I hooked into a REALLY nice fish doing those big heads shakes and just staying down, after going around the trolling motor, I'm in the clear, feeling like this is a big fish. Then it just takes off. Now it feels like a snagged sturgeon or Bat ray, I can't figure it out, well about 50-60 yards a big seal pops up with a big striper in his mouth. The rest was history.

Tuesday I brought one of my workers out fishing, that the only way he has ever fished was with a hand line in Mexico. He was a good luck charm! He never fished for stripers before, and he got to catch a bunch of fish and one legal one. He was all smiles at the end of the day. We found one school that I was able to put my trolling motor on anchor, and stayed on them for about an hour. We also found fish in a few other spots. Lot's of small fish, over 20 to hand and a couple nicer ones and one nice 11pder at end the day.

Here's some pic's.

Thanks
James

Randy Lee
02-27-2014, 07:54 AM
Dogged pursuit! Leave no stone unturned or slough unfished.
I want to work for you. Apprentice FF. Has a nice ring to it.
Hope to get my own skiff one day. Looks like you all had a good time.
Thanks for the report,
Randy

Bill Kiene semi-retired
02-27-2014, 08:43 AM
Really good post and great photos.......Thanks for sharing James.

James
02-27-2014, 10:23 AM
Thanks Randy and Bill.

If every goes right, I'll be fishing with one of the Delta Guru's (Maury)
next week. I'll post something from that for sure.

James