PDA

View Full Version : Recycling Lines....

Darian
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
I have a bunch of old mono lines and leader material on spools that I need to throw out. Are there any shops in the area that're re-cycling mono, etc.???

Larry S
02-23-2014, 06:01 PM
Darian,
There are several teacher-members of the Kiene forum that have fishing clubs. Maybe, they'll chip in and
your lines will find a new home.
Best,
Larry S

Mike O
02-23-2014, 11:43 PM
if it is still usable, Woodland High can use it. we replace tapered leaders all the time, but I am gonna start using level line as leaders so we can save some money. if it is tippit, we can use that too. We teach about 32 kids a year in an environmental science class, and take them out to Cache Creek and catch some blue gills and pikeminnow.

Lance Gray
02-24-2014, 05:31 AM
if it is still usable, Woodland High can use it. we replace tapered leaders all the time, but I am gonna start using level line as leaders so we can save some money. if it is tippit, we can use that too. We teach about 32 kids a year in an environmental science class, and take them out to Cache Creek and catch some blue gills and pikeminnow.

Mike,

PM me your address I have some materials I will gladly donate to the school.

Thanks

ICE
02-24-2014, 07:31 AM
If you just need to get rid of it, Big 5 usually has a mono recycling box at their location.

ICE

Darian
02-25-2014, 12:19 PM
OK, the lines are going to be re-cycled via MikeO. Thanks all for the help. :cool:

Mike O
02-25-2014, 10:06 PM
And thank you all for your generosity.

Doc, I tried to call...it didn't go through, left you a PM

Mike

Lance Gray
02-26-2014, 09:24 AM
Mike,

I have tons for the kids. I have any thrown in some old fly boxes and stuff like that. if you can use them great - if not pay them forward for me. The package should go out today or tomorrow. Thanks and if you need anything else for the kids let me know. I have tons of unused fly-tying material, mustad hooks I even have old used fly lines that still work - but I don't fish with clients anymore if you need them.

Thanks

Mike O
02-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Thanks a lot, Lance. The things we use the most of are leaders, tippet, and flies (which I tie) which become donated to the bushes and backcasts. Thanks so much for the fly boxes, I will be able to fill and pass them out to the students, so that they don't have to come running back to me from wherever they are on Cache Creek, they can carry them in their groups. I really appreciate your generosity.

Mike

Mike O
02-26-2014, 02:10 PM
Darian...

Got the lines! Thanks so much, these will be perfect for making level leaders to cast our "Flies" at the CasTargets we bought from the Fishing in the Schools folks.

Mike

Larry S
02-26-2014, 05:27 PM
Mike and all,
This is a true "pay it forward" event. What a win-win for all.
Mike - sent you a PM.
Best,
Larry S

Mike O
03-05-2014, 03:11 PM
Thank you Darian for the second box, with the lines in it. Those are going to be used in the introductory part of the class when we compare the mono they know with fly line and talk about its uses.

Thanks also to Larry, for The flies and such that you put into the box you sent! The indicators will come in handy, as all we have are yarn indis and they don't float as well as the corky style. The flies are excellent as well, that is the biggest loss we suffer.

appreciate it, guys....more than you know. Will post pics of the kids fishing this may/June on Cache Creek

Mike O
03-11-2014, 09:39 AM
Larry!

Got the second box. So incredibly generous of you. I now have a shooting head to show the kids, to see the difference in the varied kinds of fly fishing out there. and all the indicators! Kids last year thought it was hilarious that there was something called a "Thingamabobber". I, of course, then show them the red and white bait bobber that I use when indicator fishing.

Thanks again.

Larry S
03-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Mike,
You're the one who should be getting the kudos for your work with your students. Maybe some other folks will find
some items that you and your group can put to use.
Best to all,
Larry S

Mike O
05-02-2014, 09:42 AM
thanks Lance. Got your box, and I will be putting to good use! Love the fly boxes!!

Mike