PDA

View Full Version : Spring Fishing is HERE!

RJSFLYTRIP
02-21-2014, 09:50 AM
This last week the fishing has been really good on the warm days. The warm weather has finally got all of the bugs going and the caddis are happy. I have seen more caddis this week than I have seen in a long time. Literally some of the biggest hatches of the year. The fish have responded to the bugs and things have started to light up. From now through April expect things to get really good. The best part of fishing now is getting the river mainly to yourself before the major crowds show up in the middle parts of March.

Lower Sac: I have been spending the majority of my time on the Lower Sac the last couple of weeks. Fishing has been really solid on the upper drifts. We are hooking 40ish rainbows a day on caddis and mayfly nymphs. The best fishing right now is from 10AM - 3PM. When that caddis hatch really gets going around lunch time the river is turning on fire. It is a great time to be on the river. Expect the fishing to keep building over the next 3-4 weeks. Don't miss out on some of the best fishing of the year in March. Also for you dry fly guys there is quite a bit of activity on the surface in the middle of the day during the thickest part of the hatch.

Feather: For those of you wanting to get in on the spring steelhead run then mid March to mid May is going to be the best time. My schedule is filling up in April and my dates are starting to fill up. This venue is getting more popular each year due to the massive steelhead runs that we have been having the last three years. These fish are literally the hottest fish in the valley. Come spend some time chasing these incredible fish of the valley.

If you are looking to save a little cash then here is your chance. Book a trip during the select dates below and receive $100 off my normal rate.

My discounted openings are Feb 21-22 (Fri/Sat), 26-27, March 2 (Sun), 3-7.

For those of you looking more in advance on your calendars then my open dates are below:

March 18, 21-23, 26

April 9-12, 14, 21, 24, 30

May 1-2, 5-15

Email ryan.johnston@hotmail.com to get in on some of the best dates of the year.