PDA

View Full Version : Roughneck RX 1756

retirednavy
02-15-2014, 09:50 AM
Hi,

Fishing local waters, Kaweah Lake (medium size water) for bass, and the inlet in early spring for trout. From the launch I will motor one mile at most to bass fishing, and two miles at most to the inlet.

I am interested in the Lowe Roughneck RX 1756. The lake has NO wake restrictions, but this is only an issue during summer afternoons.

I stand to flycast and would like to take a friend who would also fly cast standing.

I am deciding between the 40 hp and the 25 hp. No console. I would like to go with the package deal which includes the trailer and the motor. Deals are good right now.

The feedback I have read has been solid and extremely helpful.

What do you suggest?

Loomis 1
02-15-2014, 11:28 AM
If you are only going to use it on this lake, the 25 will be fine. With the tiller motor you will have plenty of room. If there is any chance of taking it to other waters, where you will be making longer runs (especially with a loaded boat) go with the bigger motor. I fish my fish my brother's 18' Roughneck with a 90/65 jet and it is a great casting platform. Only downside is the ride can get pretty bumpy if the wind comes up. My .02.

Bill Siler

TaylerW
02-16-2014, 12:56 AM
With the 40hp and a jet that boat can go just about anywhere you have the gumption to take it. Spent weeks running them in Alaska. Killer boat!

retirednavy
02-16-2014, 10:28 AM
Thank you for the info.

Your knowledge makes for the right purchase.