PDA

View Full Version : Chum Snag Fest October 2013 video :)

winxp_man
02-10-2014, 12:02 AM
http://youtu.be/_4G1R84swgU

I would rather the natives be made to snag fish like this versus netting them with gill nets!

Enjoy hehe :D

jbird
02-10-2014, 07:49 AM
So are you trying to stir some emotions (stir the pot) by posting this? I coulda gone without seeing that. Oh. Ooops! This is the steelhead forum, my bad ;)

SHigSpeed
02-10-2014, 09:56 AM
http://youtu.be/_4G1R84swgU

I would rather the natives be made to snag fish like this versus netting them with gill nets!

Enjoy hehe :D

I tried to read through all of the racist comments to find out, but is this legal? Are they going to gather all of the fish out of the ditch at the end of the day to eat or is that kid simply whacking fish for the fun of it?

If legal and the fish are being eaten, then though it looks bad, so be it.

If it's a flagrant waste of resources, I have no words...

Snagging was bad at the Nimbus "Wall" (especially the "high wall") but it was at least veiled as legitimate fishing and not simply chuck and set.

_SHig

TaylerW
02-10-2014, 09:58 AM
There is a "terminal run" of silvers into Seward ak. Big hoopla goes into catching them with huge treble hooks with 2-4oz of lead...

STEELIES/26c3
02-11-2014, 08:03 PM
Oh my GOD!! can you be-LIEVE it? WTF??? How could he? Why did he? How dis-GUSTing!!!
He didn't even BLEED those fish first~;)

In all seriousness, regardless of the over-abundance, the 'cultural allowance' the keeping of the balance of nature (chums versus silvers vs kings)...

It is disturbing to me the irreverence with which that kid clubs and stockpiles the fish. It seems as though he is enjoying it.
Maybe I'm just hypersensitive but in my credo... that no way to give thanks to the GREAT SPIRIT

><))))> <((((><

JasonB
02-11-2014, 08:27 PM
I didn't even bother, not sure why I would waste perfectly good time watching a video of guys snagging salmon? Maybe I missed something? Somehow I doubt it...
JB