PDA

View Full Version : Don't like HR 3964? Go to Fresno and tell the President...

Mike McKenzie
02-08-2014, 12:46 PM
From Restore the Delta..

"The White House has announced that President Obama will be visiting Fresno on Friday to discuss the drought and the Federal Government's plans for assistance.

Restore the Delta is organizing a presence for this event and is hoping that a large number of our supporters can turn out in Fresno.

Watch our alerts this week with specific details."

Mike

James
02-08-2014, 02:46 PM
I'm going!!

Anyone that's close to SF is welcome to ride along.

Mike McKenzie
02-11-2014, 12:16 PM
From Restore the Delta..

"The White House has announced that President Obama will be visiting Fresno on Friday to discuss the drought and the Federal Government's plans for assistance.

Restore the Delta is organizing a presence for this event and is hoping that a large number of our supporters can turn out in Fresno.

Watch our alerts this week with specific details."

Mike

Well the event is not going to be a protest after all as Obama has said that he will veto HR 3964 if it gets through the Senate... It's going to be a rally to make sure he understand the issue..See below

Action Alert: Bus to Restore the Delta Rally in Fresno

Restore the Delta is providing a bus for our supporters to attend President Obama’s visit in Fresno on drought assistance on February 14, 2014. We will hold a press conference and rally near where the President will be speaking. This is not a protest because President Obama had said he will veto HR3964 (Valadao), the Delta pumping bill. Our goal is not to protest against the President, but to share with him and the national media the concerns of the Delta community. Our message is about Saving the Delta! Stopping the Tunnels! — protecting Delta farms, fisheries, the Bay-Delta estuary, and north coast rivers, and creating sustainable water policies for California. Signs expressing other concerns about President Obama’s positions are not part of this event.
Currently, we do not know the exact location of President Obama’s visit in Fresno, but we know he will be visiting early in the day on Friday, February 14. We will let you know where we will be arriving in Fresno when we leave that morning.
1. Bus will leave promptly at 5:15 a.m. A donation of any size to offset expenses is appreciated for all passengers/attendees; however, no one will be turned away for lack of funds.
2. All attendees/passengers will meet at the A.G. Spanos Building parking lot at 5:00 a.m. Parking is allowed in the highlighted areas (see parking map here). The address is 10100 Trinity Parkway, Stockton. Right off of I-5 and Eight Mile Road, Stockton.
3. Bring snacks/food on the trip and dress for a variety of weather. This will be a long day, it will likely run from 5am to 5pm. Restore the Delta staff will work on getting us to a meal down there. People should be prepared to buy a meal for themselves, but again, if $ is a problem for some, we will make sure that you are fed!
Email stina@restorethedelta.org with the your names and phone number, as well as all the information of guests coming with you. If we do not receive this information, you may not board the bus. We need you to RSVP ASAP!

James
02-11-2014, 03:29 PM
Hey Mike

Do you know where it's at in Fresno?
I'm driving my own car. I called restore the delta and the lady didn't have an address yet.

Thanks
James

Mike McKenzie
02-11-2014, 08:52 PM
Hey Mike

Do you know where it's at in Fresno?
I'm driving my own car. I called restore the delta and the lady didn't have an address yet.

Thanks
James

For whatever reason they are keepin' it close to their vest so far RTD thinks they'll know later this week...
Whenever it happens I'll post it..
Mike

Darian
02-11-2014, 10:26 PM
I imagine the reason they don't know the address is the reluctance of the Secret Service to disclose the presidents itinerary in advance of more than a day or two for Security reasons. Especially when visiting a place like Fresno, the heart of conservative/opposition views.... ;)

James
02-12-2014, 06:06 AM
Thanks Mike.

James

Mike McKenzie
02-12-2014, 02:11 PM
I imagine the reason they don't know the address is the reluctance of the Secret Service to disclose the presidents itinerary in advance of more than a day or two for Security reasons. Especially when visiting a place like Fresno, the heart of conservative/opposition views.... ;)

Restore The Delta is changing their bus time.. It seems that Obama won't get to Fresno until sometime after 1:00PM.. They've delayed the "Rally" until 12:30 or so.. I talked to Barbara she said that anyone with questions can call her Cell # 209-479-2053 Friday morning while she's riding to Fresno..

Mike

JAWallace
02-19-2014, 01:46 PM
Did any of you go? Every hotel in Fresno and surrounding areas was booked for the entire week. Who knows why, but who is surprised. Report I got second hand was that his pitch was mostly about climate change, and spent little time on water allocations or upcoming policies. He knows they can't lose California regardless so there's no motivation to support us.