PDA

View Full Version : Big Fish Weather Coming Soon + Save 100 on Guided Trip

RJSFLYTRIP
02-04-2014, 12:14 PM
My post last week said good fishing was days away with the rain and we were right on. I got out one day last week during the dark rain conditions and we caught more big fish that day than I have in the last 2-3 weeks. We landed lots of nice 18-20" rainbows on eggs and small nymphs.The reality is the best winter fishing happens on overcast and rainy days. Looking at the 10 day forecast there is lots of good fishing coming all next week. Forecast for Redding - http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/Redding+CA+USCA0922:1:US. I have lots of openings for next week. It is going to be wet. So bring your waders, put on a good rain jacket, and lets go catch some big rainbows on the Sac.

Below is a short fishing report of current conditions:

Lower Sac: I have been fishing the Sac the last couple of weeks and the river is fishing pretty normal with most days resulting in 20-25 rainbows to the boat. If you fish the lower sections of the river then there are still a handful of steelhead to be caught. Hot flies right now are beads, small pheasant tails, Hogan's S&M, small prince nymphs, and pmd nypmhs. The egg fishing should be awesome in the rainy weather.

Yuba: I fished the Yuba this last week and had decent fishing. We hooked 15+ rainbows on eggs and small mayflies. Plus had an hour of some technical blue wing olive fishing in the flats. We got a couple of fish on size 18 & 20 blue wing emergers. The Skwalas are starting to hatch on the Yuba but the rainy weather will slow that hatch down. Generally you want really warm conditions. So wait for some warm dry weather over the next couple of weeks and get out there if you are hunting Skwala fishing. Once the skwalas are done expect to start seeing some March Browns by the end of February. Hot flies on the Yuba were eggs, red copper johns, Hogans S&M, and an olive Fox Poopah.

Feather: The Feather is over by this time of the year. Expect the next big run of fish to show up in the spring time. Generally the springers show up in March and then stay around till the middle parts of May. Expect late March through April to be prime time. This has become a very popular destination for me in the spring time so make sure to reserve your spots ahead of time. These are the hottest fish that you will ever find in the valley.

Openings:

$100 Off Select Dates:

February 6, 8-9 (Sat/Sun), 10-12, 14

Presidents Week Openings:

February 15 (Sat) & 17-20, 22

*Remember parents - Some kids have this week off!

Spring Openings:

February 25-27

March 2-9, 18-26, 28, 30-31

April 2-12, 14-17, 21-30

Email to ryan@rjsflytrips.com with any questions or if you want to reserve dates. Thanks for the support guys.