PDA

View Full Version : Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show Feb. 21-23

Bull_Dog
01-29-2014, 10:52 AM
The annual fly fishing show is approaching fast. This the one event each year you do not want to miss.

The schedule is out for all the speakers for this years show and it is the best line-up yet. I will be doing a brand new presentation each day on Pyramid Lake as well as a new show on Fly Fishing for Peacock Bass at the famous Agua Boa Lodge.

The other two Reno-Tahoe area speakers are Frank Piscotta with his informative Truckee-Tahoe presentation and Bill Forward on Early season Davis Lake.

For a full list of Celebrities, speakers, fly tiers and casting demonstrations go to the fly fishing show website.

http://www.flyfishingshow.com/Pleasanton.html

Darian
01-29-2014, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the reminder. The show is on my calendar. One concern for me is who do I search out for the Pyramid Lake presentations??? Surely it's not Bull Dog.... ;)

aaron
01-29-2014, 02:08 PM
See all my Nor Cal friends there!

Bull_Dog
02-01-2014, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the reminder. The show is on my calendar. One concern for me is who do I search out for the Pyramid Lake presentations??? Surely it's not Bull Dog.... ;)

Thanks for the dig Darian! The show has come a long way since I took over Terry Baron's Slide Show for the Reno Fly Shop back in 2002. I think I have done the show nearly 100 times since then. I still have some of Terry's original shots to show history of the lake and some of his great inspirations. It is a whole lot easier these days to make changes yearly as the lake, conditions and regulations change. God bless those who had to do this back in the slide show days. I learned a lot from Andy Burk, Terry Barron and Richard Dickerson to name a few.

beachbum2
03-07-2014, 10:30 AM
Regardless it was a great show. Ended up getting a new pontoon boat from dave scadden at northfork outdoors. Met lots of really great people and vendors. Took my wife and I think I have her hooked on fly tying. She said I could fish and she will tie. What better deal could a person ask for?!