PDA

View Full Version : Roosters & Dorado

Baja Fly Fisher
01-27-2014, 09:29 PM
The rooster and dorado season is fast approaching down in the Baja. For the month of May (which is prime for roosters) I have some space left in the first three weeks. All the other weeks are filled. So if roosters is what your looking for think about it, then give me a shout and sign up. I will be at the Fly Fishing Show in Lynnwood, WA on Feb. 15,16 doing a baja presentation and the Fly Fishing Show in Pleasanton, doing a brand new baja presentation.
If you want more information, visit my web site: www.bajaflyfishingadventures.com and check out the price.

Also, I'm hosting another trip to Turneffe Flats Lodge in Belize on November 8 - 15, 2014. I have 6 spots available. Last year this trip sold out, don't delay.

Hope to see you either at the Lynnwood, WA or the Pleasanton Fly Fishing Show

Jay Murakoshi

FISHEYE
01-27-2014, 10:03 PM
I think Jay's Baja trip is the best deal around which is probably why I have been 6 times, and I am going 3 weeks this year. Some people complain about the drive every morning. I don't think its a big deal and the nice hotel plus the restaurants in La Paz more than make up for it.

JWilli
01-27-2014, 10:48 PM
I agree... I will be going on my third annual trip in June. Fishing was great for me last year. The van ride is not too bad since everyone is pretty much passed out on the way back from fishing. I have been to Loreto many times and have had boat rides to the fish of over an hour.

Additionally, the La Paz restaurants are fantastically good. Next year I will do a two week stay.

John

Darian
01-28-2014, 10:05 AM
I agree with the others. Jay's trip is a real bargain and staying in La Paz is really great. Good restaurants/hotel. All of the residents are very friendly and helpful. The views across the bay make for beautiful sunsets. The evenings are comfortable as there always seems to be a breeze blowing. Only missed one day as a result of bad weather in all the years I've been going down there. With the exception of one or two years out of the last 10, when sea temps were cooler than normal, the fishing was outstanding. The variety of fish available at La Ventana/Isla Cerralvo is amazing. Plus, I just like the stark appearance of the land. :cool:

FISHEYE
01-28-2014, 10:26 AM
The variety of fish available at La Ventana/Isla Cerralvo is amazing. Plus, I just like the stark appearance of the land. :cool: Darian, that is one of the aspects of this trip that I love also- the stark appearance of the land. I love looking at the desert as we ride in the van and also boating along Cerralvo. Combine that with the the phenominal productivity of the Sea of Cortez and it makes for a wonderful place.

Darian
01-28-2014, 03:15 PM
Phil,.... What do you think about the mansions on the shoreline near Los Muertos?? One of them looks like it might have a private golf course next to it. Amazing!!! :D

FISHEYE
01-28-2014, 03:48 PM
Darian, when we go past those places, I always think "what an unsustainable waste of money and resources, especially water to water the grass.