PDA

View Full Version : Small Stream Piggies !

Chris Gearhart
01-14-2014, 07:15 PM
Just finished up my last two scheduled trips on small streams. Conditions are still really tough, very low and very clear. That said the numbers were pretty low but the size and quality were way up. We got fish from red hot 14” to a big 21”brute .

Some pics and details on my site for anyone interested.

Chris

cyama
01-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Those are some nice fish for the Stan. One of my favorites! Have had to go down to size 24 midges lately. Just wondering if the salmon used the gravel that was injected below Knights Ferry. Did you see very many redds down there.

Chris Gearhart
01-15-2014, 07:08 PM
cyama, Yes earlier in the month there were some redds visible as well as a good number of dead salmon and a few live salmon. As for the #24 so far I haven't had do it ..........Yet

Chris

cyama
01-16-2014, 09:29 PM
That's good to hear about the salmon down there. The gravel injections seem to be working above Knight's as well. Fish were keying on eggs in early January. Are your guide trips on the Lower Merced walk and wade or floating?

Chris Gearhart
01-17-2014, 06:43 AM
cYMA, the Merced is a float trip however we are in and out of the boat at all the riffles. You can feel free to give me a call or email for more detail.

Chris