PDA

View Full Version : Canuckistan Govt.

Dan LeCount
01-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Canada has been one of the main leaders in fisheries conservation and knowledge. This is a disaster for Canadian fisheries.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/capt-trevor-greene/science-cuts-canada_b_4534729.html?src=sp

Darian
01-05-2014, 03:45 PM
What the H..l??? Is that report real??? I can't imagine any government condoning such an act. What would be the point??? :confused:

Dan LeCount
01-05-2014, 04:27 PM
What the H..l??? Is that report real??? I can't imagine any government condoning such an act. What would be the point??? :confused:

The Harper govt. wants to massively expand harvesting of natural resources, primarily oil and such. The environmental impact of such activities and knowledge about fisheries health is a roadblock to making more money. Simple as that.

btw that was posted in the Huffington Post, hardly a liberally oriented media source.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-05-2014, 05:03 PM
Sadly, life is all about the big money.

We pilgrims have little control over anything.

Sounds like something like Adolph Hitler would do?

Darian
01-05-2014, 10:25 PM
If you consider that conservatives and liberals have both contributed to literature on environmental issues, the loss would seem to happen to both sides of any issue. How does a conservatove or liberal prove their case without some form of documentation??? Oh well, it's beyond my understanding.... :confused:

ps. Kinda sounds like Ray Bradbury's book, Fahrenheit 451

Dormanw
01-06-2014, 12:44 AM
Astonishing, indeed. It puts me in mind of the Taliban's destruction of the Buddhas of Bamiyan.

JasonB
01-06-2014, 07:15 AM
Thats really hard to fathom. More shocking to my mind, is the fact that this has not been blaring throughout all media. This is the kind of action that should make everyone concerned, and is a particularly alarming assault on democracy itself. Thanks for sharing that Dan; disturbing as it is to read, it's something people need to be aware of.
JB