PDA

View Full Version : Northfork Fusion DST

Mr F
01-05-2014, 10:47 AM
I think I found my new boat. SUP/Pontoon hybrid with an integrated motor mount. I'm amazed at how solid the SUP hull is--it's like standing on a rock. All in all it's pretty damn cool: http://youtu.be/8XZ5iOz5wfM

catch&release
01-23-2014, 11:59 PM
I think I found my new boat. SUP/Pontoon hybrid with an integrated motor mount. I'm amazed at how solid the SUP hull is--it's like standing on a rock. All in all it's pretty damn cool: http://youtu.be/8XZ5iOz5wfM

I already have one of these boats and it is very solid. I have made a few modifications to this boat because I don't use the oars. I have already hooked up my fish finder, double anchor system and 4 rod racks and it performs beautiful.

I talked to Dave Scadden at the Sacramento ISE Show when I was there a few weeks back for about 2 hours. He is a very nice guy and i was very impressed. I will be doing some videos on this boat with Dave Scadden soon and he will post on Youtube!

Its a great boat, i weigh 230lbs and no problem standing up and sight fishing!

Ted S.
01-28-2014, 12:37 PM
Looks cool. What is the hull made of?

Andy Guibord
01-31-2014, 09:53 AM
Very,interesting. The low rowing position does not look comfortable, and less than optimal to me, but then it is not the kind of thing meant for class three rapids. Or is it? The low rowing position would tire me if I needed to do much technical maneuvering.

catch&release
01-31-2014, 08:29 PM
Looks cool. What is the hull made of?

The hull is made out of a super thick plastic. Under the plastic is a inflatable bladder. When fully inflated it feels like a rock. Very stable and you can stand up in the middle of the tube and it doesn't budge and inch.

I am going to be putting in some time with this tube in the next couple of weeks and will let you know what I find. I personally think it going to be my next tube that will take the place of my super fat cat but I want to see how it does on bigger water like crowley with 2 foot waves or better.

catch&release
01-31-2014, 08:32 PM
Very,interesting. The low rowing position does not look comfortable, and less than optimal to me, but then it is not the kind of thing meant for class three rapids. Or is it? The low rowing position would tire me if I needed to do much technical maneuvering.

Andy, I haven't used the oars yet. I have been using it as my replacement for my super fat Cat in stillwater situations. I can tell you that so far for being as large and wide as it is it moves just as quick and easy as my super fat Cat.

catch&release
02-02-2014, 02:21 PM

Here are some pictures of my new boat, set up with 4 Scotty rod holders, Scotty anchor system and new Lowrance GPS and color fish finding unit.

I don't want to use the oars, have never liked any float tubes or pontoons with oars so this is set up good for me now.

Hope you like it.

Ernie

JayDubP
02-02-2014, 02:22 PM
Ernie,

I have only seen it "assembled" at the Sacramento Show and got a few vague answers plus their website has only the real basics for specs. Must have been released just before the show, because Scadden people usually provide all the answers off the top of their head.

May I bug you?

It felt like it weighed 28lbs as they advertise.

What size is it unassembled? At their booth I was told "it will fit in the trunk of a Corvette".

How long is your setup time & takedown time?

What is the draft with you and your equipment onboard. I was told 2 inches for 300lbs with a capacity of 700lbs.
2 inches would be incredible access to almost any water.

Jim

catch&release
02-02-2014, 02:38 PM
Ernie,

I have only seen it "assembled" at the Sacramento Show and got a few vague answers plus their website has only the real basics for specs. Must have been released just before the show, because Scadden people usually provide all the answers off the top of their head.

May I bug you?

It felt like it weighed 28lbs as they advertise.

What size is it unassembled? At their booth I was told "it will fit in the trunk of a Corvette".

How long is your setup time & takedown time?

What is the draft with you and your equipment onboard. I was told 2 inches for 300lbs with a capacity of 700lbs.
2 inches would be incredible access to almost any water.

Jim

Jim,

I have measured from the bottom of the boat to the top of the boat and its 6" When I am in the boat loaded with everything I have at least 3" plus of the boat sitting up out of the water. I weight 230 lbs, the boat weights 30lbs and I have a 12 pound anchor, 3 pound battery and 4 rods and gear, maybe an extra 10 pounds of gear and it will float in 3 inches or less of water. Because it is so wide, it doesn't take much water at all to float. It also handles as well as my super fat cat when responding the my fins.

Box that everything came in was 4ft long, 2ft wide and 1ft tall. This boat will fold down after deflated and will go into a very small trunk of a compact car very easily. pull each arm back into the middle of the boat and then fold it in half.

It takes me about 3 minutes to pump it up by hand.

If you want to call me I can answer any other questions you might have, it is a lot easier over the phone.

Hope this helps!

JayDubP
02-02-2014, 03:21 PM
Ernie, precisely what I needed.

Thanks a lot

Jim

catch&release
02-02-2014, 10:34 PM
I have posted more pictures of this boat on my web site, just click on BLOG button and see all the modifications I have made to this boat so it fits my fishing style.

Hope this helps!

SHigSpeed
02-02-2014, 11:53 PM
I have posted more pictures of this boat on my web site, just click on BLOG button and see all the modifications I have made to this boat so it fits my fishing style.

Hope this helps!
Wow, I gotta say that this boat is really cool in design.

I'd LOVE to try one out but at $2500 it's too rich for my blood. I suppose you could make something similar for less $$ using a foam core layup similar to a surfboard but you'd need to roof mount it.

Still I must applaud Dave's creativity.

_SHig

catch&release
02-03-2014, 12:38 PM
Wow, I gotta say that this boat is really cool in design.

I'd LOVE to try one out but at $2500 it's too rich for my blood. I suppose you could make something similar for less $$ using a foam core layup similar to a surfboard but you'd need to roof mount it.

Still I must applaud Dave's creativity.

_SHig

Shig,

The price of the boat is $1800 right now the show special is around $1100.

SHigSpeed
02-03-2014, 01:35 PM
Shig,

The price of the boat is $1800 right now the show special is around $1100.
Hmmm... A bit more reasonable that!

_SHig