PDA

View Full Version : Found On The Y Today 1/4/14

M Duper
01-04-2014, 07:25 PM
Near the UCD Private water, I found a fly box on the river today. Let me know what's in it so you can get it back in your vest. I'd be happy to mail it to you. Feel free to PM me.

amoeba
01-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Near the UCD Private water, I found a fly box on the river today. Let me know what's in it so you can get it back in your vest. I'd be happy to mail it to you. Feel free to PM me.

There's no such thing a "Private water" there. UCD promised to provide public access to that part of the river, through their property - - - in exchange for the old hatchery building and grounds on Polaris/Lake Forest Creeks near Tahoe City. You'll find UCD boasting about this facility on the net once they got it (http://www.tahoetopia.com/news/historic-fish-hatchery-building-reopen-environmental-education-center), but you'll see nothing about what they were supposed to provide in exchange.

At some point - UCD got aggressive about denying access; including posting and so forth; at which time some old-timers at DFG intervened, reminding them of their obligation. Eventually - a very restricted access program was devised under the personal direction of then DFG director Banky Curtis - involving a few weekends a year drawn by lottery. That was almost certainly not what DFG originally had in mind in exchange for access - but that it how it is today.

Separately, the whole Y is navigable - so no matter who it belongs to - under California law, you can fish it and you don't have to be in a boat to do so.

Darian
01-05-2014, 03:36 PM
C'mon Amoeba,.... This thread is about trying to get a lost fly box back to it's rightful owner not about your ranting about UCD....

EricO
01-05-2014, 04:50 PM
C'mon Amoeba,.... This thread is about trying to get a lost fly box back to it's rightful owner not about your ranting about UCD....

LOL. True that Darian. Geez.

M Duper
01-06-2014, 08:25 AM
I'm still laughing at the rant my friend. Fyi, it's a small box....

Tony Buzolich
01-06-2014, 09:08 AM
Duper,

Our fly club, the E.C.Powell Flyfishers, had a fishout there this Saturday. I'll ask around and see if any of our guys lost a box,
Tony

TigerLilly
01-06-2014, 09:36 AM
This is a rehash of an old Skirt rant before he got kicked off the NCFFB forum for being such a bitter jackass. David, could that be you hiding behind Amoeba's dress?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-06-2014, 03:09 PM
I want to have a spear fishing outing for my dive club on the Lower Yuba River, limited to wild Rainbow trout over 20 inches.

Or we could import some sea lions above Daguerre Dam to keep that dangerous trout population in check?

Or at the Hwy 20 bridge on the Lower Yuba we could open up a portable fish smoking business, with beer too.

PS: Did someone find my "small fly box?"

Jed Peters
01-06-2014, 03:27 PM
Or at the Hwy 20 bridge on the Lower Yuba we could open up a portable fish smoking business, with beer too.

I'd prefer if we did it above the bridge, so we could discuss the merits of private land ownership vs river access rights.

jbird
01-06-2014, 04:17 PM
I want to have a spear fishing outing for my dive club on the Lower Yuba River, limited to wild Rainbow trout over 20 inches.

Or we could import some sea lions above Daguerre Dam to keep that trout population in check?

PS: Did someone find my "small fly box?"

Bill, did someone hack your account?? Too funny! ;)

Bill Kiene semi-retired
01-06-2014, 06:07 PM
No 'J-man', I just felt like throwing in a little humor.

I guess it's pretty cold up there now.

Are you going to live there for the duration?

I love that area....it is so lush in the summer.

jbird
01-06-2014, 07:07 PM
I agree, the summers are really nice here. Spring is nice too but theres not much of a fall, in my experience. My blood is out west and I do hope to return some day.

M Duper
01-07-2014, 08:57 AM
Guys. I got a couple PM's but they/it was not the box I found. Sorry.

Tony-I'm with the EC Powell group. I had planned to bring it to our next meeting.