PDA

View Full Version : This is just ridiculous!

jbird
01-03-2014, 07:36 PM
This could have something to do with my cantankerous behavior. :0

"A powerful Arctic cold front is forecast to sweep across the region this weekend and set the stage for the coldest air mass seen over Wisconsin in years. Near Record cold is expected from Sunday night through Monday night. This bitterly cold air, combined with winds of 10 to 20 mph, will create dangerously cold wind chill values in the 35 below to 55 below zero range Sunday night into Tuesday morning"

http://www.google.org/publicalerts/alert?aid=fb76904158fd368c&hl=en&gl=US&source=web

KillBill
01-03-2014, 08:41 PM
I believe it's an Al-Gore-ithm

DLJeff
01-03-2014, 09:16 PM
We had -27F about 8 days ago and today I found a California quail under a bush at the side of the house. No injuries, no sign of hurt, she was sitting just like she was asleep. I suspect she froze. Keep your thinner and your whiskey warm back there Jay.

mems
01-03-2014, 10:51 PM
Hey der der, Jay. Doncha know its time to go on unemployment like the rest of the state and spend your winter in your local tavern drinking leinenkugel's and having a nice snowhoe for the road. Or it could just be a brandy, wisconsin drinks more brandy than all the other 49 states combined. Betcha can spit icecubes before they hit the ground, tink tink tink.
I won't tell you how nice and warm and sunny it is on the big island, or how perfect the surf was this morning with slight offshores, or how hungry the bones seem to be. Have a good new year, and thanks for reminding me why I moved out of the frozen tundra! Don.

Darian
01-04-2014, 01:15 AM
WOW!!! Tha's cold. Doesn't sound like you'll be going out anytime soon (unless you're one of those crazy Green Bay fans ;) . Happy New Y ear and Keep your powder warm n' dry. :cool:

FISHEYE
01-04-2014, 12:28 PM
Its 25 here in Anchorage with light snow. :o)

jbird
01-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Hey der der, Jay. Doncha know its time to go on unemployment like the rest of the state and spend your winter in your local tavern drinking leinenkugel's and having a nice snowhoe for the road. Or it could just be a brandy, wisconsin drinks more brandy than all the other 49 states combined. Betcha can spit icecubes before they hit the ground, tink tink tink.
I won't tell you how nice and warm and sunny it is on the big island, or how perfect the surf was this morning with slight offshores, or how hungry the bones seem to be. Have a good new year, and thanks for reminding me why I moved out of the frozen tundra! Don.

OOOHH! That's tough Don! Maybe I'll just drink brandy til Im on a sunny beach with light offshore trades ;) hehe.

Hey! Come to Kauai the end of April and fish with me!

mems
01-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Shoots, I will show you where the big peacock bass live. If you can get me a spot to throw down a sleeping bag them I am there. Love Kauai, lots of places to fish and surf. Don't freeze any important digits before then, stay warm, Don.

jbird
01-04-2014, 08:48 PM
Cool Don, I'll be in touch