PDA

View Full Version : Upper Sac. Bows

Rockman
12-31-2013, 07:15 PM
Been up in Dunsmuir the last week and a half working on our house that flooded w/ 4 broken pipes during the cold spell.
The flows are low and sadly, Mt. Shasta looks naked, barely a dusting at the very top of the mountain. I lived up here in the mid-70's and have visited almost every year before buying a home to retire up in Dunsmuir. I and many others have never seen the mountain this bare of snow on New Years Eve. I pray that some significant weather systems start coming thru soon, or it may be very bleek next year. Lake Siskiyou is also the lowest I have seen, the boat ramp is a long way from being usable. I took a nice photo of a 10 year old kid fishing off the bank at Sunset on Lake Siskiyou, great kid, came over and wanted to help load my pram up without asking. See what teaching your kid how to fish can do for them. Wished I had a bigger boat to take him fishing he was so nice.
The good news is that the fishing is typical for this time of year. Not numbers, but nice size fish are being caught nymphing with rubber legs and other droppers such as micromay flies, copper johns, a.p. black's. The daytime temp's have been 50-60 degrees, and most days the winds are still to light during the last week.
Pray for Rain & Snow!!!

TonyMuljat
01-03-2014, 04:47 PM
Great pics, Rockman. Thanks.

Frank Alessio
01-03-2014, 05:54 PM
Those are some healthy looking Fish...Nice Pictures....

TyV
01-04-2014, 11:34 PM
Gorgeous fish...and pics. Everyone needs to do a serious rain/snow dance until the storm windows finally open. Thanks for sharing!