PDA

View Full Version : What is your nick name or nick names?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-29-2013, 09:44 AM
When I was in high school I was 'Kiene the weinie' or 'Wild Bill'.

Galen Geller called me 'Keeno' or 'the chipmunk'.

I called Galen 'Gellerinski'.

Leo Gutterres from Stockton calls me 'Easy Money'.

Joe Patterson, our old Cortland Rep, calls me 'Boca Grande'.

Joe Patterson's nick name is 'Scissorbill'.

Joe Shirshac is 'Smoken Joe' or 'Sugar Shac'.

Al Perryman is 'AP' or 'Perryminski'.

Craig Ziegler is 'Zig' or 'Ziggy'.

I sometimes call Andy Guibord 'Guiborski'.

What is/are yours?

Dave E.
12-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Doc to many, Curt ( as in Curt Gowdy ) to a very few long time fishing friends.

TonyMuljat
12-29-2013, 10:31 AM
From the Fraternity "Tone The Bone"

Shortened by many to "The Bone"

Shortened by others to "Bone".

Changed to "Stone" or "Stoney" by my good friend Jeff Corbett.

Many others that are widely used "Mulyatchett", "Jim", "Pete" (after Pete Rose), "Tone", "Anth" (more a shortened name than a nickname).

Best nickname I can think of right now: Reggie Jackson (Mr. October) - also my favorite baseball player of all time.

Dan LeCount
12-29-2013, 04:00 PM
Danno

Danny Boy (from the Irish song)

When I was a kid a few friends called me Diggedy Dan, shortened to Diggedy and shortened more to Digz

John H
12-29-2013, 10:10 PM
I don't have a nickname but I have a bike with sort of a nick name - it is called the Lunker Slayer. My brother repainted an old bike and put the name on it because I am always saying I am going out to slay some lunkers. I guy with a bike photo blog posted a picture of it at the link below.

http://public.fotki.com/Roullier/travels/davis/659lunkerslayer.html

BobVP
12-30-2013, 09:16 AM
Going well into 42 years now friends have been using my initials for my name. It varies from "BVP" to "RVP".
This got started when I was helping at a small neighborhood childcare group and the little kids always said my full name, almost as one word, "bobvanpeer" and several of the parents shortened it to "bvp".
One dear old buddy calls me "Bobby Vee"...
That is my story.

Scott V
12-30-2013, 10:09 AM
Some call me Steve!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-30-2013, 10:22 AM
Some call me Steve!

I think I am the "Some".......'Scotty Vee'.......'Lunker Slayer'.....

jbird
12-30-2013, 10:35 AM
Jaybird, jaybo, jayson, jayman, dr. Jay, JD, jimmy dan... And on and on it goes

Jed Peters
12-30-2013, 12:19 PM
Jed. That's all.

SHigSpeed
12-30-2013, 01:11 PM
Some call me Steve!

That's funny - 90% of the time if someone gets my name wrong, it's Steve too. Must be the "S".

_S(cott)Hig(ashi)

Troutstalker55B
12-30-2013, 01:49 PM
Butter (from my days as a professional snowboarder, "smooth as butter"), Jonny B. (becuase only 1 out of 10 people can pronounce or spell "Baiocchi", Man B., and JB.

Jeff F
12-30-2013, 03:27 PM
Well, my BFF Eric (EO on this Board) calls me BFIS (pronounced Beefus). This stands for "Best Fisherman in Sacramento". Of course, this no longer applies as I don't live in the Capitol City anymore and can no longer claim this other-worldly status.

I'd pass the name on to Jeff Ching, but he fishes for shad, and that doesn't count. :D

Don S.
12-30-2013, 04:23 PM
For many years mine was Donzo, apparently my storytelling prowess was akin to Hunter S. Thompsons. I don't hear it much anymore except for a few dear old friends.

Mark Kranhold
12-30-2013, 06:29 PM
With a last name like ours I had many throughout high school. Kran, kran berry ,kran apple , korn, korn hole , kontracthole, korn holio, stretch ,lerch! The list goes on , but with the family... Arkma (pig latin) but Ark has stuck the most.

pgw
12-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Lurch in the Fraternity; on the PD, 1st it was Lobo and after a few years, it was Motor 1.

EricO
12-30-2013, 06:58 PM
E, E-Dawg, EO, El Destructo (cuz of past experience to drink too much Tequila the evening before fishing
Pit 3....can no longer pull that off. :o) ).

Eric

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-30-2013, 07:20 PM
Jed. That's all.

What is your full legal name Jed?

Mine is William Alfred Kiene....

Ed Wahl
12-30-2013, 07:30 PM
In my younger and dumber days(shut up Scott, it is possible) I was dubbed Super Ed Osborne, after Super Dave.

Jed Peters
01-03-2014, 09:49 AM
What is your full legal name Jed?

Mine is William Alfred Kiene....

Justin Daniel Peters

J.D.

Jeddie

Jed

But seriously, I've had tons of them.

Ned, Ted, Ned Weidemens (due to my affinity for shitty beer), weidemens, tweeters, knud fuedamens, ud weiders, the names are endless.

We tended to give everyone a nickname where I grew up and went to High School (Miramonte HS, Orinda, CA, 1994--cuz i know you're gonna ask.)

Nor*Cal
01-03-2014, 11:07 AM
In high school my nick name was chino (pronounced Chee-no) because my buddies said I looked asian. I know, a tad racist, but that’s what they called me.
Since my name is Juan, In college people started calling me “The Juan,” (you know, like “the Juan” and Only) I kind of liked that one! lol

WadeK
01-03-2014, 02:16 PM
I thought Chino's were slang Mexican for either pants or underwear?...

Anyways as a wee runt I was Wiggle-worm. Now a-days it's Wader and my Ex loves to spell my last name Knupp as "Can you pee pee? In the bathroom!" Gee I wonder why I'm divorced?

Nor*Cal
01-03-2014, 04:06 PM
I thought Chino's were slang Mexican for either pants or underwear?...

No no, that would be cho-nees. LOL

Cheers,