PDA

View Full Version : Lake Tahoe camping

Bob Scheidt
12-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Hey troops,
Being in Fresno I don't know a thing about the camping available at Lake Tahoe. Thinking of the west side of the lake. What are the good campgrounds?? I like shade, a little privacy, no motor bikes screaming around. A shower would be great.

So if you can recommend a nice Lake Tahoe campground you have stayed at, I'm all ears.
There might be 6 to 9 people going, thinking of August.

Thanks in advance,

High flyin fly tyin Bob in Fresno.

Barry Clark
12-21-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey troops,
Being in Fresno I don't know a thing about the camping available at Lake Tahoe. Thinking of the west side of the lake. What are the good campgrounds?? I like shade, a little privacy, no motor bikes screaming around. A shower would be great.

So if you can recommend a nice Lake Tahoe campground you have stayed at, I'm all ears.
There might be 6 to 9 people going, thinking of August.

Thanks in advance,

High flyin fly tyin Bob in Fresno.

Sugar Pine Point State Park is great place to stay. Getting a reservation is another story. It used to be a reservation could be made 7 months in advance. If that still is the policy, you could make a reservation on Feb 1 2014 for August. Do your homework and find out which camp sites best suit your needs (tent, rv.) and be ready to go on Feb 1. If you wait, the place may be full in a day. Good Luck.

sierraangler
12-22-2013, 11:37 AM
Sugar Pine Point State Park is great place to stay. Getting a reservation is another story. It used to be a reservation could be made 7 months in advance. If that still is the policy, you could make a reservation on Feb 1 2014 for August. Do your homework and find out which camp sites best suit your needs (tent, rv.) and be ready to go on Feb 1. If you wait, the place may be full in a day. Good Luck.

2nd vote for Sugar Pine Point, although privacy and solitude are generally not things found anywhere in the basin during the month of August. Literally the busiest 31 days of the entire year. If you are flexible and want good weather and no crowds, push it back until sometime after labor day. 2nd half of September can be awesome, and the area fishing will get better as well.