PDA

View Full Version : George Daniel Clinic

Terry Thomas
12-17-2013, 08:28 AM
I would like to thank George for putting on a "dynamic" clinic this past Sunday on the American River. George covered everything from building leaders to the actual on the water techniques used by the top international anglers. It was quite an eye opener to see the small things that these guides use that separate them from the rest of the pack. The cost of these clinics is about the same as you would pay for your half of a guide day on your favorite stream and you now have the "tools" that will last a life time.

Doug O
12-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Terry, Thanks for the post! George is top drawer! His book "Dynamic Nymphing is outstanding! He has a ton of knowledge to offer. He emailed me last month and wants to do a clinic here in Reno. We decided to do a clinic on August 9th,2014. I'm looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted as the time approaches.

drdan
12-18-2013, 10:48 PM
George is a great instructor. An expert in his field and a wonderfully patient and insightful teacher (much like Jeff Putnam in this regard). If you are interested in getting into or improving your skill at Euro nymphing, you MUST take advantage of this opportunity in August. I imagine the Truckee in August would be a great place to practice this style! I have it on my calendar...

Thank you Fishwest/Kiene's and Orvis for getting George to come back West out for the weekend.

Dan LeCount
12-25-2013, 12:53 PM
His book is a pretty awesome reference on modern nymphing, especially for those who haven't got a chance to fish with or follow competition anglers. I'm looking forward to the Reno clinic.