PDA

View Full Version : New to this Forum...

Nor*Cal
12-16-2013, 08:56 PM
Hello Folks,

My name is Juan and I am new to the sport of fly fishing and brand new to these boards. I have been fishing consistently (spin fishing) for about 4 years now and I was introduced to fly fishing this May. I always dreamt of fly fishing but I thought I never really thought I would learn.

I have a blog where I met a friend and we decided to meet up and fish. The words, "I will bring my fly rod and teach you how to use it," were music to my ears. The first time I used a fly rod I found myself fishing a small creek, carved into a picturesque valley. I also caught and released five small trout. That was enough to hook me for life.

Soon after I bought myself a fly fishing outfit, a few flies and some accessories. I also just received my new stockingfoot waders and wading boots. I am waiting on my fishing vest and then I will be all set (for the most part).

I am new to this sport that some of you may have grown up learning. I do ask for your patience as some of my questions may seem silly or naive. I look forward to meeting you all and learning from your wisdom and experience.

Cheers,

-J.

SeanO
12-16-2013, 09:15 PM
I think you're hooked, my friend!

Best,

Rye_Tyler
12-16-2013, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the sport and the forum!!

roywest
12-16-2013, 10:30 PM
I used to participate in an audio gear forum. New members were traditionally welcomed with the phrase, "sorry about your wallet." Sorry about your wallet, Juan! ; )

Nor*Cal
12-16-2013, 11:26 PM
I think you're hooked, my friend!

Best,
Sure am! Good to see you here, buddy!

Welcome to the sport and the forum!!

thanks for the welcome, Rye Tyler!

I used to participate in an audio gear forum. New members were traditionally welcomed with the phrase, "sorry about your wallet." Sorry about your wallet, Juan! ; )
Haha a very appropriate greeting, Roy West! I have only just begun!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
12-16-2013, 11:39 PM
Fly fishing is a really wonderful thing to find......good for you J

Mark Kranhold
12-17-2013, 05:57 AM
Welcome a board my friend! You have found a great sport and a great forum!

wineslob
12-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Bamboo.............................;)

BillB
12-17-2013, 10:57 AM
My condolences Juan! Since you have chosen to join the ranks of the obsessed this is a fantastic place for information. Careful on the steelhead forum.

Nor*Cal
12-17-2013, 02:33 PM
Fly fishing is a really wonderful thing to find......good for you J
It sure is... Thank you, Bill!

Welcome a board my friend! You have found a great sport and a great forum!
Thanks for the welcome, Mark! Glad to have found this forum!

Bamboo.............................;)
Wineslob... is that paradise, ca? if so, where do you fly fish around there?

My condolences Juan! Since you have chosen to join the ranks of the obsessed this is a fantastic place for information. Careful on the steelhead forum.
Bill, your condolences are appreciated and it sounds like I'm in good company! haha I haven't yet fly fished for steelhead so I'm pumped to get some info and try it out!

wineslob
12-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Wineslob... is that paradise, ca? if so, where do you fly fish around there?

Ummm, there's a few spots...........the branches of the Feather (above and below Oroville), Deer Creek, Sac...... don't get me started on the High Lakes.......it's endless.

Nor*Cal
12-18-2013, 03:07 PM
Ummm, there's a few spots...........the branches of the Feather (above and below Oroville), Deer Creek, Sac...... don't get me started on the High Lakes.......it's endless.

Cool, Hey, Question... does the feather have any trout above lake Oroville?

I went fishing out there for trout once and only caught smallies and pike minnow.

wineslob
12-19-2013, 08:42 AM
Cool, Hey, Question... does the feather have any trout above lake Oroville?

I went fishing out there for trout once and only caught smallies and pike minnow.

Nope, no trout in there...................;)

Nor*Cal
12-19-2013, 11:19 AM
Nope, no trout in there...................;)

Haha nice!

Cheers,