12-01-2013, 01:45 PM
Ard Stetts (Hardyreels on spey pages) has a web site up and running -
http://akflyfishingguide.com/

Check it out!
Best,
Larry S

Bob Scheidt
12-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks Larry, I saved this one to favorites, I plan on going to Alaska in 14. His prices are very reasonable and seems like good guy for sure. In his trips section he states a summer fish day could be from 6 am to 10 pm or so. I couldn't make someone work that long.

Larry S
12-12-2013, 04:40 PM
Bob,
I "know" Ard thru the speypages site where he's very respected for his willingness to share ideas and information. I'm
pretty sure he has lots of "off the beaten path" areas dialed in. I'm hoping to meet up with him in person before long.
Best,
Larry S

jbird
12-12-2013, 05:01 PM
I know Ard from another forum too and he is a very nice guy with lots of knowledge. I wouldnt hesitate to hire him if I was up there.

Larry S
01-24-2014, 05:39 PM
Ard offers a different kind of Alaska experience from the lodges and such. You can really sense this when you visit his web site.
Great info on Alaska fishing if you scroll down to the bottom left-hand corner.
Best,
Larry S

Nate Bailey
03-06-2014, 09:41 AM
Ard Stetts (Hardyreels on spey pages) has a web site up and running -
http://akflyfishingguide.com/

Check it out!
Best,
Larry S Ard is a great guy and he has some "out of the box ideas" on how to get you into fish. I'm going to go up there just to try out some of his ingenious ideas.

Larry S
03-06-2014, 06:11 PM
Nate,
I've communicated with Ard a number of time over the last couple years. Looking forward to
fishing Alaska again and with him. If folks are not into the lodge thing, Ard may well be what
you should consider. For sure, check out his web site.
Best,
Larry S

gitt
03-06-2014, 10:29 PM
Anybody been out with him? Tried to coordinate something with Ard in September, but work got in the way according to Ard and was told he would call eventually. Never heard from him. Of course, I told him we had until ice out to connect. He must have misplaced the contact info or he is really waiting for ice out.

Larry S
03-07-2014, 11:21 AM
gitt,
He spends a month or so at his cabin in the winter and maybe is out of phone range. You might try his email -
Ard Stetts <ardster@ak.net>;.
Best,
Larry S

jbird
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
Larrys right. Hes been out prepping the cabin for the season. He just came back into contact yesterday. For how long I don't know. Alaska has had a mild winter so his season may start early

gitt
03-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Spoke with Ard today. Sounds like he wants to focus closer to his home waters. I don't blame him. From our conversation, I am tempted to run north of Anchorage and fish with him. The downside it is a three hour drive one way for either of us. He did provide options. I'll keep you posted what the outcome is.