PDA

View Full Version : Discovery Bay Report

JAWallace
11-24-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm not Maury, never will be as good as Maury, don't catch those numbers, BUT I won the club (DFF) contest yesterday in Disco :cool:

New water for me, so it took some time to find the fish. First time out with my new Lowrance Elite 7 with DSI and I am still in awe of that feature and the overall finder/GPS. I was motoring around for a couple of hours, looking and casting, and all of a sudden, there they were, clear as a photo, below the boat. Two casts, two fish, then the tide went slack. Motored up the ESJ and had a sandwich, and picked up one more there, back to the good spot, couple more and time to go and meet a friend. Didn't have much time over the fish, only got 5, one legal (barely), but the schoolies are there and they really do fight well. OAT 62°, WT 54°

Disco is as safe as it gets on the D, and the pontoon folk can feel safe and relaxed around the marina; most of the club guys were using them. Fish about 15-20 feet out from the rip rap, and just because you're portable doesn't mean you don't need a sonar to locate them because there are leagues of fishless water there.