PDA

View Full Version : Delta Report

Hatch
11-12-2013, 07:56 AM
Guided 5 days in the Delta this week. Sandwiched between Striperfest and Simms Delta Days with the Waypoints movie on Friday night it was a busy week. My wife keeps telling me to remember that I am some ones Husband and Father. I keep telling her that it is Striper season in the Delta and January and February are "Family Season" so I will be home soon.
Had a great week as far as numbers of fish goes but still finding tons of undersized fish with the larger ones requiring lots of work to find.
With a few exceptions most of the bigger ones have been found on the outsides of the schools. Since it is very difficult to get our flies under the schools, because the little guys grab it first, we have been casting to the outsides looking for the good ones. Working close to the rocks has produced a few nice fish including some decent LMB and the largest Red Eared Sunfish ever on my boat.
Had some really good anglers on board this week making my job easy. World record Yellowtail holder and Baja outfitter Gary Bulla along with some of my regulars who can throw that Rio OBS S6 a 100+ feet most casts. That is without a doubt the nicest line out there for what we do most of the day. If you don't own one go get it.
The weather this week has been crazy nice. I hope the bigger fish come in soon before the water temps get to cold. Get out there soon!
Thanks
HATCH