PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's Fly Shop will be moving about 100 yards to the east.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2013, 08:41 AM
We are moving next door on the other side of the new Walmart grocery store.

This is the old laction for the big model train store in the Taylor Shopping Center.

It is about 3 times larger than our current location and will be all new with cutting edge displays.

They are remodeling the space for us right now.

We hope to be moved over there before Christmas this year.

Terry Thomas
10-26-2013, 09:17 AM
New location- new name:
FISHWEST SACRAMENTO
Same smiling staff!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Kiene's Fly Shop is part of a group of 4 shops now.

Bob Marriott's in Southern Cal

Grizzly Hackle in Missoula, MT

Fishwest in Sandy, Utah.

Check out our cutting edge online store at our Fishwest location.

They are extremely competitive too with free freight and no sales tax......

If you are looking to save some money on a major purchase I would give them a try next.

If you buy a decent fly reel from them it will come with free backing and a free fly line too.

Today they are one of the largest online fly fishing companies.

www.fishwest.com

DAVID95670
10-26-2013, 02:23 PM
So now called Fishwest ?

No longer Kiene ?

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-26-2013, 04:10 PM
Yes, we think so for now.

Larry S
10-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Sometime ago, I checked out "Fishwest." Impressive. Hope the "powers to be" keep the forum.
Are you agin 'em or forum? Sorry!
Larry S

Darian
10-26-2013, 09:47 PM
I've driven by the new place and see that it is has larger interior space but IMO the parking will not be as easy or available in the new lot. Also, I'm wondering if the Kiene Expo will be able to be held outside?? There're a bunch more and larger businesses there that use that same lot. Especially now that one of the adjacent tenants is a large grocery chain (Walmart). Well,.... Maybe the new owners don't plan on holding the expo anyway.... :confused:

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-27-2013, 08:36 AM
We also have a big parking area out back that no one uses that will be perfect for casting and for the Expo.

Plus the parking lot out front always seems to be empty for the most part.

We are also closer to some good places to eat now too.

Mark Kranhold
10-27-2013, 09:07 AM
To bad they don't just keep the Kiene's name. Kiene's fly shop has made its mark in Sacramento! Fishwest just doesn't sound right. On a good note, i'm just glad the good ol' staff remains the same!:D

jbird
10-27-2013, 10:03 AM
To bad they don't just keep the Kiene's name. Kiene's fly shop has made its mark in Sacramento! Fishwest just doesn't sound right. On a good note, i'm just glad the good ol' staff remains the same!:D

I was thinkin the same thing Mark. Kiene's Flyshop is such an iconic name. kinda feels like "Big Brother" has stepped in and taken over. on another note, Is Adam Grace still around? his email connected to grizzly hackle has been disabled.

Bob Scheidt
10-27-2013, 02:41 PM
With the new owner also having other established shops, this tells me they are in it for the long haul. We can only welcome a committment like this. I was told the new shop will have alot more retail space. If there is something you know is a great product or fly tying material, I'm sure they want to hear about it.
A good owner knows he doesn't know everything and is receptive to listening to his customers. I think the new owner is just that. Just like Bill was and is, all good guys who you would want to hang out with.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-28-2013, 09:07 AM
I think Adam got a good job doing graphic design now which is what he went to school for.

We would say, " He got a real job."