PDA

View Full Version : Wood fly boxes. The "Crown Jewels!"

jbird
10-24-2013, 04:33 PM
I went out on a limb and purchased some seriously elegant wood. These flyboxes are not my living and are really just beer and gas money so spending a premium on wood isnt something I will often be doing. I just couldnt resist this time so we'll see if they sell...

This is what we call "Exhibition Grade, Musical Instrument Wood". This piece was selected by the seller for a guitar body. It is highly figured Black Walnut.

I got 5 fly boxes out of this. Two 4x6" and three 3x5". I am going to post one here every 24 hrs. Then I will move it to my website and rotate in the next one until you guys have had first dibs on all of them. These boxes are going to be priced appropriately regarding the beauty and complexity of the figured grain. I am also posting 2 new cigar boxes and a GORGEOUS Buckeye Burl fly box.

Purchase and questions at jayspencer69@gmail.com

**THESE BOXES ARE SOLD OR MOVED ON TO www.flygrain.com **

Jay

Bluegrass Bill
10-25-2013, 09:30 AM
Jay, Your wood boxes are drop dead gorgeous!

jbird
10-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Moved on to www.flygrain.com

DLJeff
10-25-2013, 08:59 PM
It takes a big, straight growing, gnarly old tree to compress those fibers so uniformly like that. Some magnificent wood. And beautiful craftsmanship.

jbird
10-27-2013, 08:37 AM
As promised, The previously posted flyboxes have moved on to Flygrain.com and can be found under "catalog" in "the cream of the crop" collection.
This is exhibition grade walnut! These grain patterns set this wood apart from anything Ive worked with before. These boxes are flawless!
Same as the last one, this one will be here for 24 hrs and then on to the website.

Purchase and questions at jayspencer69@gmail.com

4x6"" Figured black walnut. $110

**Moved on**

jbird
10-28-2013, 10:46 AM
OK guys. Do to the lack of interest on the forum for these amazing Walnut boxes, I am going to forego posting the last two. You can find them all on my website.

Thanks for looking :)

Jay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v283/jbird35/JDS_8108_zpsd64d8be7.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jbird35/media/JDS_8108_zpsd64d8be7.jpg.html)