PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Putnam is working at Kiene's Fly Shop again........yahoo!

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-24-2013, 11:06 AM
As many know Jeff grew up at the shop years ago.

Then went off to Montana to guide on the Green River for a while.

For the past decade or more he has been working as a fly casting and fly fishing instructor.

He has also been involved in the development of some of the new cutting edge products in the industry.

He has also produced some of the best Spey casting videos too.

Our store manager, one of Jeff's best friends Tim Fox, was able to convince Jeff to work at the shop again.

Jeff is here on most Mondays and Tuesdays......

It is really wonderful to have him here again.

http://jpflyfishing.com/

Scott V
10-24-2013, 11:47 AM
That is what Jeff was saying in my two handed casting class I took last weekend with him. The man is a treasure chest of knowledge and a great guy.

Bob Scheidt
10-24-2013, 01:29 PM
I second that, Jeff is awesome!!

Digger
11-08-2013, 01:37 PM
If anyone is consdiering any type of lessons, you can't go wrong with Jeff.
He has an amazing amount of patience and more knowledge about every aspect of casting (or fishing).

If it weren't for Jeff, i'd still be only a single-hander.

Mike P.

JasonB
11-09-2013, 09:01 PM
I'm quite certain that one could learn a surprising amount about fly casting and fishing just from standing within eyesight and earshot of Jeff. Saw him give a short presentation at the Sandy Spey Clave last spring, which was fantastic and concise. Many of us at the clave who managed to chat with him for just a few moments (he was a popular guy!) felt that we learned heaps from just a few moments of general spey chat with him. My take away was that his knowledge and skill set in terms of casting were far surpassed by his teaching skills. I too can't recommend lessons from him enough. Great to know he'll be a part of the team at your shop!
JB

Mark Kranhold
11-09-2013, 09:32 PM
That's Jeffro! Awesome guy with tons of fly fishing knowledge...and one that can break down your casting stroke to the millisecond! If you need to learn fly casting or anything fly fishing related don't go anywhere else.