PDA

View Full Version : Try to get up there in October......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-17-2013, 10:05 AM
......to one of your favorite Nor Cal trout streams.

October is a prime month for any stream that still has some flow.

Nip Hadlock
10-26-2013, 12:03 PM
Took your advise Bill…had two great days on the Klamath with Jack Trout for steelhead and then solo'd on the Upper Sac below Conant
for a couple hours Thursday. Two large Upper Sac rainbows to hand fishing a #16 green pupa below a stimulator. Two hours, two good fish!

Fishstick
10-28-2013, 04:09 PM
Hoping to get up to one of the Feathers above Lake Oroville this weekend. Any advice on flies & methods?

Jeff F
10-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Hoping to get up to one of the Feathers above Lake Oroville this weekend. Any advice on flies & methods?

Fishstick, see my report on the NF Feather from last week. Flies = orange caddis poopahs; Methods = indicator nymphing and some high sticking. Some dry fly action too.

wineslob
10-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Fishstick, see my report on the NF Feather from last week. Flies = orange caddis poopahs; Methods = indicator nymphing and some high sticking. Some dry fly action too.

Went fishing well below Poe Power Dam. The fish were being "weird". In one pool, as I was JUST about to lift my line out, a HUGE brown object came up next to my fly. I just about sh#t myself, until Mr. Otter popped up. I had to wait for him to go away before any fish would bite, and even then, it was small ones only. :mad: