PDA

View Full Version : The Clinic

gilligan
10-14-2013, 05:09 PM
Doug O and I have been doing a series of short line nymphing clinics. We had a friend of ours get some footy from last weekends clinic. Check out my blog for upcoming clinic dates with Doug and I. Thank you and enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/76393568

Cheers,

Matt "Gilligan" Koles

www.gilligansguideservice.com
www.gilligansguideservice.com/blog/

catch&release
10-14-2013, 07:02 PM
Doug O and I have been doing a series of short line nymphing clinics. We had a friend of ours get some footy from last weekends clinic. Check out my blog for upcoming clinic dates with Doug and I. Thank you and enjoy.

http://vimeo.com/76393568

Cheers,

Matt "Gilligan" Koles

www.gilligansguideservice.com
www.gilligansguideservice.com/blog/

Matt, that is sick buddy! I would love to get some stillwater footage of Crowley and those pigs too!

Great job, keep up the good work!

steveg137
10-16-2013, 01:29 PM
Great film, nicely done.

jbird
10-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Very nice!

EricO
10-16-2013, 05:34 PM
I'd love to stomach pump that big boy to see what, and how much is in it's gut.

That thing must have to eat all damn day to get that big! And plenty of meat too.

EO

Morgan
10-16-2013, 10:00 PM
Amazing video clip!
I need to go fish the T bad!
That clinic looks like a blast.

Terry Thomas
10-17-2013, 07:53 AM
Doug's clinics are the tops! Have done the 5-Dot clinic and I'm ready to check out the short line clinic.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-17-2013, 08:19 AM
These guys are very good.....

The Truckee River is the closest stream we have with very big trout in it but it is not that easy for most.

According to MapQuest from our shop in Sacramento it is not much further than the Hwy 20 bridge on the Lower Yuba.

Shop to Hwy 20 Bridge on Lower Yuba = 1 hr 16 min

Shop to town of Truckee = 1 hr 35 min

Before they discovered the Lower Yuba River many use to drive to the truckee River more.

I would take one of those clinics if you want to get better at short line nymphing.

midger
10-17-2013, 10:07 AM
Really nice video. Nymphing is often looked down on by the purists, but it sure is an effective way to catch fish when they aren't rising, and as we all know, they aren't rising most of the time.

Thanks for sharing the shots on the Truckee. Made me miss the old girl and the areas you were fishing.

RenoLipRipper
10-17-2013, 05:03 PM
Sweet fishin and video. Need to get with Matt someday for a little Big T lesson.

Doug O
10-20-2013, 02:55 PM
Lip Ripper,
Getting together with Matt for a day on the river would be a good idea. He is a great guide and instructor. He has a genuine passion for fishing. It is a pleasure to work with him.