PDA

View Full Version : Maidu Calling Back the Salmon @ Sycamore on Hwy. 20....!Oct 12th.

Garfly
10-10-2013, 11:23 AM
We are all invited to ceremony of the Tsi- Akim Maidu on Sat. Oct. 12th. ...Sunrise ceremony starts the day at around 7:00 am....events will last until after dark ,for more info callingbackthesalmon.org.
Or for more info listen to the native american show(Dreamwalk) on thursdays on KVMR from 10 am -till noon!(you can stream it on your computer also) The indigenous peoples days event has been cancelled out of respect to the passing of a couple of cherished tribal members. There may be some speakers on the radio on monday on KVMR(all day?)

I just heard on the radio from my friend Grayson Coney explain in a nutshell why they do the CBS ceremony:..."we enter into the ceremony to let the Salmon people know that we will agree to keep the earth and rivers livable for all...and in return the Salmon agree to offer themselves to us"....( my paraphrase attempt )....

Garfly
10-10-2013, 11:43 AM
...more info....just heard on KVMR (89.5 in Sac area but different in Woodland,Placerville and Chico)...that the Salmon lunch this year is a pot luck. The Tribe will only provide the Salmon and the rice, others are asked to bring side dishes,etc. Please bring your own plate and utensils and water bottle to reduce waste.