PDA

View Full Version : Trout Recommendations For This Weekend?

steveg137
10-08-2013, 11:37 AM
Hi All-

I'm looking at 3 day trip this weekend and trying to work out where to go.

Any advice, as I have 3 days I was thinking about the Redding area rather than Lower Yuba.

I'll either be in pontoon or wade or may be bit of both.

Typically I've hit Manzanita or Upper Sac, was thinking about McLoud for the first time though sounds a little slow. Also like to try Davis again but might be bit too much faffing about and not enough time fishing as I don't know it well. Lake Siskyou?

Thanks for any tips.
Steve

Jeff F
10-08-2013, 12:17 PM
If it were me, here would be my Top 3:

1. Pit
2. Pit
3. Pit

~Jeff

steveg137
10-08-2013, 12:33 PM
Nice one Jeff :)

Pit is a no go for me as my knee's are "rooked", I'd have to be carried out of there. Thank's anyway.

Imagine the flows and tough wading there help to make the fishing great.

trouterfan1
10-08-2013, 01:53 PM
Fall river, burney creek, hat creek areas.

Bitter Dave
10-08-2013, 02:21 PM
Is Manzanita even open considering that it's inside a national park?

BobVP
10-09-2013, 09:08 AM
I will be in the north early next week (coming home from Portland) and I would go with Upper Sac, Fall and McCloud. Yes the McCloud may be slow but it is still the McCloud! The Fall should be good as far as I can read the reports and as someone wrote here it is near enough to also fish Burney and Hat. Have a great trip.

steveg137
10-09-2013, 09:34 AM
Thanks Bob, yeah thinking those are great options. Couple of friends had really tough time on US last week but got to think it will pick up at some point soon. Cheers.

JohnD
10-09-2013, 05:03 PM
McCloud was really tough for us on Saturday.....and it would still be on my list.
Conditions change day by day and it's great water. And if it really kicks your butt you can always do like we did - run up hill and catch a bunch of smaller fish on the upper McCloud to make us feel better. :D