PDA

View Full Version : Lance Gray Fly Fishing Co. local educational fly fishing tours 2013-14

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-07-2013, 07:33 PM
The 2013-2014 Fly Fishing Tours are in full throttle. We have the Putah Creek Trout, American River Steelhead and the Yuba River Trout & Steelhead Tours coming up. These tours are based on the premise that anglers are seeking good quality information with a helping hand. We just don’t tell you about the fishery, we show you. Then we add in any help needed. On the water casting practice, rigging, working on wading skills and introducing new concepts and equipment. It’s a tour, fly-fishing workshop and guide trip all in one.

The dates and openings –

Putah Creek Trout Tour is a 1 day tour $145 a person
November 21, 2013 Booked
December 14, 2013 2 Spots Open

American River Steelhead Tour a 1 day tour $145 a person
January 4, 2014 Open
January 5, 2014 2 Spots Open
January 11, 2014 2 spots Open
January 12, 2014 Open

Yuba River Trout/SH Tour a 1 day tour $145 a person
February 6, 2014 5 Spots Open
February 13, 2014 Open

If you would like to join a tour – simply shoot us back an email or call us at any time.
Thanks
Lance & Kirsten
Fly Guides

lance@lancegrayandcompany.com

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-07-2013, 07:34 PM
These are really great educational events......this is the info that you need to be averagely more sucessful.

Larry S
10-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Highly recommend Lance! Knows his stuff! He's a great teacher and has wonderful classroom
settings.
Best,
Larry S

Lance Gray
10-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Thanks Bill & Larry coming from you guys it means allot!!

We work hard on every tour, guide trip, school, workshop and our worldwide travel.

Kirsten & I appreciate all the kind words.

Lance Gray
10-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Just an update on the "Tours". The Putah Creek Tour is booked. We had such an over willing response that we opened up a new date for the Putah Creek Tour, December 21, 2013. There is one spot left in this tour. The American River Steelhead Tour planned for January 11, 2014 is booked. There are still opening in the other American River Steelhead Tour and the Yuba River Tour.

If you would like to join us on any of these tours, please send an email or give us a call!

Thanks

Bill Kiene semi-retired
10-11-2013, 10:06 AM
I am very excited about the future of Putah Creek and Lake Solano.

It is now a wild trout fishery with catch-n-release regs.

They are working on the spawning area which should help.

I think in time this will be a great fishery again.

Keep your eye on it......it is so close to the Bay Area and Sacramento.

JAM
10-19-2013, 08:38 PM
I had a great time fishing a Putah Creek tour with Lance. Great guide! Low key, very
informative, great lunch, and caught fish too! If you never been to Putuh, he will
get you in the know. Lance, mucho thanks! JM

fishnbeatsworkin
10-20-2013, 10:36 PM
...Great guide! Low key, very
informative, great lunch, and caught fish too! ... JM

+1 Lance & Kirsten are great to fish with

Lance Gray
10-23-2013, 05:21 PM
Just an update on the tours. The tours are getting booked up. All three tours are great if you would like to get to know the local fisheries. The Putah Creek Tour will be just in time to see the big fish on spawn. A great time to see the creek. The American River Steelhead Tour will happen right when the upper river opens. We will explore the whole river and have a nice hot lunch and then fish. perfect for the beginner steelheader - two handed and single hand rods will all be taught. The Yuba River Tour is in a word perfect Jon
Baiocchi will be my partner on this. We do a split class with this one - me showing you the rigging and casting while Jon does a mini entomology class.

of course all tours include handouts - that include, access areas, rigging, flies and a map of the area. It's a great time and we would love to have you join us. Take a look at the schedule below. I hope all of you can make it!!
The dates and openings –

Putah Creek Trout Tour is a 1 day tour $145 a person
November 21, 2013 Booked
December 20, 2013 Booked
December 21, 2013 1 Spot Open

American River Steelhead Tour a 1 day tour $145 a person
January 4, 2014 Open 3 Spots Open
January 5, 2014 Open 2 Spots Open
January 11, 2014 Booked
January 12, 2014 Open 2 Spots Open

Yuba River Trout/SH Tour a 1 day tour $145 a person
February 6, 2014 Open 5 Spots Open
February 13, 2014 Open 6 Spots Open

Thanks everyone for the kind words - Kirsten & I work very hard on these tours to make them the best we can!!!

Lance Gray
10-27-2013, 08:43 PM
Good Sunday Evening,

Just a quick update on the tours. All the Putah Creek Tours are booked. The American River Steelhead Tours are still open along with the Yuba River Tour.

A couple of things I want to mention. We are in the planning stages of a four day RV tour based on the Putah Creek Tour and the Yuba River Tour. Stay tuned for that. We are also offering and dates are on the books for the Manzanita Tour along with the Lassen Park Tour. Tours are going fast. So if you have any interest, questions or comments let us know. Any and all comments are welcome.

Thanks