PDA

View Full Version : Lower sac

joshfish
10-06-2013, 09:27 PM
This is one of my favorite times of year on the lower sac. No not because of the egg bite. Flows are wadeable and the weather is still warm. The end result is big evening hatches. Went out Friday evening. Caught one nymphing. Hooked and lost three swinging an e/c caddis. Found my hook got straightened out on the first fish. Went back out this evening. Hooked six and landed three. This time I started out swinging a tan birds nest on a type three shooting head. Hooked and lost one. Then as bugs started coming off I switched up to my 8' 4wt and started swinging a yellow stimulator on a floating line. Hooked five and landed three. A 12", 19" and my personal best a 21". I've been wanting to catch a decent sized trout on my 4wt to see how it would handle it. We'll now I know. It was a little scary. Probably just keep it for the smaller streams and run my 6wt for the lower sac bows.

joshfish
10-06-2013, 09:33 PM
Unfortunately no pictures. I was by myself and my pack was on shore. by the time I landed the big one I was too far down from my pack to get my phone and take a picture.