PDA

View Full Version : Sonora

Frank Alessio
10-06-2013, 11:12 AM
Does anyone Fly Fish Streams for Trout around the Sonora area??? Thanks Frank

JasonB
10-06-2013, 08:00 PM
That "area" could include quite a few streams. I've fished a few of them here and there though. I wouldn't say that there's anything of quite the calibre (fish wise) of some of the well known east side streams, but lots of places well worth spending some time beating some brush and making some casts. Lots of variety to choose from within an hour or two.
JB

Frank Alessio
10-06-2013, 10:44 PM
That "area" could include quite a few streams. I've fished a few of them here and there though. I wouldn't say that there's anything of quite the calibre (fish wise) of some of the well known east side streams, but lots of places well worth spending some time beating some brush and making some casts. Lots of variety to choose from within an hour or two.
JB

Thank you Jason...

fj40
10-07-2013, 05:42 AM
I do. Dave

Tony Buzolich
10-07-2013, 07:43 AM
Frank,

I've been up there for the last four days working on John's cabin and thinking the same thing. The Tuolumne and the Stanislaus both are in the general area. There's a hatchery at Moccasin Creek that feeds right into Don Pedro and that's only a hop and a skip from Sonora or John's cabin.

Went up to the Rim Fire lookout area and can't believe how big that fire was. The fire surrounded the Tuolumne and Clavey Rivers up there and the run off may ruin a lot of good water that way. I bet down lower below Sonora there's got to be some good fishing above Oakdale for warm water stuff, maybe Knights Ferry area?

I'm sure more guys will chime in on this and help give up some ideas.
Tony

Frank Alessio
10-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Take some pictures when you get a chance Tony....