PDA

View Full Version : If the USFS campgrounds are closed...

Mike O
10-03-2013, 02:06 PM
but there are no rangers, etc to enforce this...and no one to collect fees...

Do you camp if the sign says closed? Do you camp right now in El Dorado NF or Tahoe NF off road, in dispersed camps, where heretofore illegal?

Do you foresee more fires due to the lack of manpower to enforce the Fire bans?

Scott V
10-03-2013, 03:06 PM
For me, if there is a sign that says closed, I respect it. But if others want to trespass and camp when there is a sign that says closed, please don't go on a internet forum and whine about getting busted for camping in a closed campground.

Darian
10-03-2013, 06:30 PM
Campground closures might involve no garbage pick-up, no water available, foraging bears, etc. Lotsa bad stuff to make campgrounds undesirable until cleaned up. YUKKK!!! Also, there's the trespassing issue. Seems like camping in areas where it was illegal prior to the closure would remain illegal as the authority/regs wouldn't change regardless of the closure.

It might help to keep in mind that it was reported that existing vendors on federal lands aren't being forced to close. If they have camping facilities, that might be an option. Just a thought.... :cool:

jayclarkflyfishing
10-09-2013, 07:30 AM
Fire crews and LEO's are considered essential personnel and are still working. Be careful with fire and have your campfire permit and everything should be fine. If the gate is locked then respect that closure. There are plenty of places to camp on the forest otherwise.

Jay

Randy B
10-09-2013, 08:24 AM
I'd check for the forced closure of existing vendors on federal lands. The Cliffhouse in SF is a vendor on fed land and believe they were just forced to close.