PDA

View Full Version : Kiene's staff members are headed for the middle Klamath River soon.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-17-2013, 09:26 AM
Terry Thomas, Noe Fierros and Jim Bare are headed to the Orleans area for some steelheading with two handed fly rods.

This is one of my favorite rivers for fall steelhead....

It has lots of small to medium size Half-pounders and a few larger fish.

I mostly fish early and late in the day with a floating line.

I will go next fall.......

winxp_man
09-17-2013, 09:33 AM
I plan on going out first week of October for about a week trip maybe.... And yes it's a good river for fall steelhead. I called the Klamath river info number and they were stating that c&r is not recommended because the high water temps. Might have changed from about 4-5 days ago. But just double check.

TaylerW
09-17-2013, 06:56 PM
Will be camping and fishing the Klamath with some friends the 8th-12th, pm me for details if anyone would like to come share runs, the back seat of a boat and a campfire!

golfish
09-18-2013, 10:07 PM
Orleans area fished well this week, had to search for the fish but once found it was good. Quite a few half pounders with about 1/2 being the larger ones, 2 of 3 on adults. There were still some fire crews doing clean up way up in the hills upstream from Orleans. The fire came right down on the town and it's amazing they saved a couple of houses on the main road. Front rolled through yesterday morning and I got rained on so I moved over to the Trinity to take advantage of the cloud cover, turned out to be a great move, ;)