PDA

View Full Version : Organization

DAVID95670
09-16-2013, 11:36 AM
I need to organize my heads and sink tips. i have a wallet which is meash but with my 2 handed addiction i have too many different sizes for my wallet. i am currently using zip lock bags in my trunk.

what solutions do you all use and what works best?

Jed Peters
09-16-2013, 12:30 PM
Ziplocks for heads, and those little leader wallets for the sink tips.

I have ones for T-11 and t-14 (only 5 total between those weights), one for dry fly leaders and poly leaders, and one for T-8.

I basically only need to "grab and go" two, as I typically have a skagit rod and a dry line rod rigged up for fall steelheading.

For winter work, I just take the heavy stuff as I'm using a skagit head anyhow.

Mark Kranhold
09-16-2013, 02:43 PM
David, you could purchase the Rio or Airflo Complete head case! That will allow you to store all your heads and tips in a organized fashion.
For my fishing-
Winter 1 wallet: floater to T-11
Summer 1 wallet: taperd leader to 7 ips polys

To much stuff is a pain in the a$$...weighted down, getting hung up bushwhacking.

I have become a minimalist over the years ,down to the point of no fanny sack or backpack. Box of bugs, tip wallet, leader and maybe a flask of some tasty stuff on a cold steelie day!

Jed Peters
09-16-2013, 04:20 PM
To much stuff is a pain in the a$$...weighted down, getting hung up bushwhacking.

I have become a minimalist over the years ,down to the point of no fanny sack or backpack. Box of bugs, tip wallet, leader and maybe a flask of some tasty stuff on a cold steelie day!

Amen to that. I've even resorted to a waterbottle in the small of my back inside waders on those runs I really have to "work for" up north.

DAVID95670
09-17-2013, 04:52 PM
I have become a minimalist

Thanks everyone for the advise I will intergrate these ideas for sure.

Mark l too am a minimalist when spey (why i like it) I use a small box of flies a single tippet and a cpl tips when I go out !

I will get more sink tip wallets, I will prob get a RIO head book. looked it up and like it, Andy G at kienes had one which rolled up i liked it alot but he is not sure it is still in production.

Terry Thomas
09-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Airflo also makes a nice head wallet. All Airflo Spey products come in plastic zip lock bags that fit this product. This system is also environmentally wise since you don't have another plastic spool to throw away.