PDA

View Full Version : Bob Nauheim passed 8 years ago.......

Bill Kiene semi-retired
09-09-2013, 10:54 AM
From Dan Blanton's web site:

www.danblanton.com/blog/bob-nauheim-1934-2005

Bob was really nice to me and always tried to help me with my fly shop over the years.

David Lee
09-09-2013, 11:13 AM
Never met Bob Face-to-Face , but we talked a fair bit over the phone . Nice fellow , and really clever !

A few days after one of our phone chats , I went out to fetch the mail . I was pretty surprised to find a beautiful Postcard from Bob in the box that day . This was really neat because I LOVE Postcards , and always get a thrill out of getting one (yeah , I'm strange ....) . So , I ring Bob up and gush for a few moments , thanking him for the treat . He seems pleased that I've enjoyed it so much , then we say our goodbyes ....

A few days later ..... guess what I find in the mail ?? Like I said , a really clever guy !

D.~

Larry S
09-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Bill and David,
Had the good fortune to meet up with Mr. N back in the early 1970's on the Smith River. Several of us schoolteachers
would drive the 800 miles from San Diego several times each winter. Bob was a fireman for Santa Rosa and we envied
him and his buddies for their schedules and proximity to good steelheading. Quite the angler and a great sense of humor.
Turned out that there were a number of NoCal steelheaders that also left their marks on the Carribean.
Best,
Larry S