PDA

View Full Version : Lower Sac, Yuba, Sac Striper Report, and Guide Discount this week!

RJSFLYTRIP
08-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I am getting excited!!! Egg bite is less than a month away on the valley rivers. I have started ordering those beads for the Yuba, Lower Sac, and Feather egg bite. I have prime openings still left for the Yuba egg bite in Late September.

If you are looking for a deal in the next 10 days then I have some last minute openings I am trying to fill. These will be the last discounted trips of the summer before my fall egg bite season starts. Call me ASAP for weekend dates.

Discounted Last Minute Openings - $125 off full day guided fishing.

Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 2, Sept 7-8 (Sat/Sun), Sept 9-10

Egg Bite Openings:

Yuba: Sept 23, 25-27, 30 and Oct. 2

Lower Sac: Oct. 10 and Nov. 18-20, 24-25, 30 (Sat)

Feather: Oct. 10 and Nov. 18-20, 24-25

Lower Sac Report: The trout fishing on the Lower Sac has been fishing strong now for over a month. I have been focusing my efforts on the lower stretches of the river from Barge Hole to Bend. Most days right now we are landing 30ish fish in the 15-17" range. What has been really fun is fishing the rocks and catching lots of fish amidst the structure. Expect the fishing to stay strong through September before we start the egg bite in October. Hot flies have been rubberlegs, tan birds nest, and amberwing princes.

Sac Striper Report: The striper season this year has been awesome. There is about two more weeks left to the season. I have been out there a couple times every week and the river continues to impress. Although the numbers of fish are starting to decline there are still a good number of big fish around. It is reasonable to expect a 12-15 fish day with shots at fish in the 10lb range. Last week we had shots at 3 fish that were 20lb+. Literally monster fish coming out of the depths to eat. It is a super easy day as you meet in Chico at 7AM and fish till 330PM. You get to eat dinner with the family and fish all morning.

Check out this huge smallmouth that I caught last week on the Sacramento River outside of Chico. Literally a fish of a lifetime at 7lbs on the boga.

Yuba River Report: The Yuba has had a solid summer and it is about to explode. In about three weeks expect the start of the egg bite. Every year it starts on the Yuba and then it makes its way across the state. This is literally the easiest time of year to catch fish on the Yuba. Lots of fish and lots of good size fish in the mix. Book now if you want that last week of September.

Please email to book trips or if you have any questions. Take Care Guys.

Take Care,
Ryan Johnston
ryan.johnston@hotmail.com

TyV
08-30-2013, 08:35 PM
I have been meaning to switch from yarn tied eggs to beads for some time. Can anyone recommend where to buy and what are the best brand? Thanks in advance guys!

RJSFLYTRIP
08-30-2013, 08:37 PM
troutbeads.com

TyV
08-30-2013, 11:50 PM
troutbeads.com

Thanks so much for the tip! Exactly what I was hoping for and more. I have only had 1 trout take my yarn egg deep in the last couple years...that was one too many for me...even though the hook was barbless and removed seemingly without much damage. Looking forward to implementing beads and hoping that eliminates even rare issues. Thanks again!