PDA

View Full Version : Escape the smoke in Truckee to the McCloud?

GeoB
08-25-2013, 06:33 AM
My asthmatic wife would like to escape the smoke in Truckee for a few days. She suggested a few days at Ah Di Nah - bonus! How is it up there now?

Thanks.

George

drdan
08-25-2013, 07:48 AM
My asthmatic wife would like to escape the smoke in Truckee for a few days. She suggested a few days at Ah Di Nah - bonus! How is it up there now?

Thanks.

George

I just met up with Craig Nielson from Shasta Trout. He suggested against fishing the McCloud yesterday because of high silt run off from the lake causing poor water clarity. We we going to fish out of Ah Di Nah but switched plans.

dickwhite
08-25-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd check with someone local up there. There are some fires in the Trinity Alps and Coast range up that way that might have it smoked out as well. From what I've seen South of Lee Vining on 395 is clear. Mono Lake Web cams were completely clear yesterday.
Think June Lake loop, Mammoth or Bishop.

Smoke is much clearer today here at Tahoe. Truckee might still be picking up some smoke from the American Fire. We can see all the way across the Lake to Dollar Hill from my place. Last nights sunset was amazing at Chambers Landing. The smoke cleared from the West & North Shores completely and let the sun get under the high cloud layer. Wow!

Dick W.
Tahoma Meadows B&B

Dan LeCount
08-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Good call with getting out of town. Smoke and rabbitbrush allergy has been wrecking my butt this week and I have work to keep me in the area. Im jealous. GL wherever you go!

GeoB
08-25-2013, 11:11 AM
Thanks, folks. You're right - it's clearer in Truckee today. Plus, Ms. Asthma pulled the plug & decided the McCloud was too far to go. But south of Mammoth sounds good. We were there when the Aspen fire cranked up and smoked out the Owens River. So instead headed up into the Hilton Creek lakes. Much better fishing there! Just might end up there again.

g