PDA

View Full Version : Topwater Smallies video!

jbird
08-16-2013, 07:39 PM
What a spectacular afternoon on the river. The fish were on the chew so well, I clipped my camera phone to my belt and shot some action. I captured 43 surface eats on video!!!! But only a couple of them were worth a darn with my primitive filming setup. The cleanest video was no where near the largest fish. And I didnt even start filming until an hour into a wide open topwater bite! All fish were taken on a Crease Fly. I probably caught 1 out of every 7-8 fish that ate. I also got a gorgeous 28" northern pike on it!

Heres the vid. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ogQiF3bOVa8

Darian
08-16-2013, 11:07 PM
Hey!!! That Smallie really fought well. Good jump, too. Cool video. Love the scenery. Almost makes me want to move back there.... :cool:

David Lee
08-17-2013, 07:06 AM
Almost makes those vile polar Winters worth it , eh ?

D.~

k.hanley
08-17-2013, 07:57 AM
atta boy Jay. I like the increased stability of your hip-mounted camera. Or maybe that's the editing technique (slow mo etc.)???

As anglers we simply move our heads a lot, and to me, that often becomes a distraction with the head-mount.

Cheers, Ken

jbird
08-17-2013, 08:48 AM
Heres my compilation video of somemore grabs I filmed. let me know if theres any audio. I was having trouble with copyrights

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUGPzvWp3KM&feature=youtu.be

Cmcculloch
08-17-2013, 09:32 AM
Yes the audio is working. At first it sounded like wind noise, but shortly turned into a somewhat eerie and listenable tune. I enjoyed it.

joshfish
08-17-2013, 11:43 AM
Great job jay. I love watching those blow ups. I just started fishing for smallies and I'm loving it.

winxp_man
08-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Nice video Jay!!!!

I have a river here near Sacramento that I fish like this and once in a while a nice 3-4 lbs LMB will also come up. Your video looks like its the river here! I have to get out there again! Thanks for sharing.

Mark Kranhold
08-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Nicely done Jay! That looks like some good times on the water. Those smallies are some scrappy fighting bass, some of my favorite bass to catch! Congratulations on your flygrain website as well! Cheers!!