PDA

View Full Version : Custom wood flyboxes. New online store!

jbird
08-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Well, I finally took the plunge and built my web store.
I have never done anything like this before, so it could probably use some tweaks.
I would love any suggestions!

http://flygrain.com/

PS. If you have one of my boxes, send me a picture of it in action with a comment ot two and I'll add to my blog

Darian
08-16-2013, 08:28 AM
Jay,.... The website looks very good. Shows off your products quite well. All of the buttons tried worked, too. Good luck in this venture. :cool:

Tony Buzolich
08-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Beautiful pictures and looks great except for one thing, the brown box with your name in it blocks whatever it is behind it. I felt like I wanted to see the title at the top but couldn't.

Just constructive help, not criticism. Tony

SHigSpeed
08-16-2013, 08:50 AM
Jay,

Consider getting a higher resolution header wordart (Handmade wood Flybox - it's a bit pixelated) and better center it so it doesn't tuck behind the "Your Cart" box. Also, maybe change it to "Handmade Wood Flyboxes"? And perhaps rethink the background art and composition of the Your Cart and the Flygrain frames so they're not as jarring against the grass background?

_SHig

EricO
08-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Hey Jay,

What are the dimensions of the pocket boxes? Looks like they seal shut with a magnet?

EO

jbird
08-16-2013, 03:49 PM
Jay,.... The website looks very good. Shows off your products quite well. All of the buttons tried worked, too. Good luck in this venture. :cool:

Thank you very much Darian! :)

Beautiful pictures and looks great except for one thing, the brown box with your name in it blocks whatever it is behind it. I felt like I wanted to see the title at the top but couldn't.

Just constructive help, not criticism. Tony

Exactly what I'm looking for Tony, so no offense taken at all. The brown box is just a background for my logo. Its a picture of walnut burl... so your looking at a wood sign kinda.

Jay,

Consider getting a higher resolution header wordart (Handmade wood Flybox - it's a bit pixelated) and better center it so it doesn't tuck behind the "Your Cart" box. Also, maybe change it to "Handmade Wood Flyboxes"? And perhaps rethink the background art and composition of the Your Cart and the Flygrain frames so they're not as jarring against the grass background?

_SHig

Shig. I just looked at the site on my phone and I do see the cart logo is in front of the word "Boxes". When you look at it on explorer or google chrome on a PC, the words "Handmade Wood Flyboxes" is perfectly centered between the logo and the cart. I'll definitely have to address that. I agree the font is pixelated and it bothers me too.
I built my site using Shopify.com, it was very smooth for a greenhorn like myself. I chose to use one of their free webstore themes and theres only so much I can do with it. I picked this one because it showcased my products with out a lot of "fluff".
I still have a lot of tweaking to do and I'll consider all the suggestions.

Thank you guys!

jbird
08-16-2013, 03:50 PM
Hey Jay,

What are the dimensions of the pocket boxes? Looks like they seal shut with a magnet?

EO

Thats correct EO. They are just a bit under 3x5" and just under an inch thick.

jbird
08-17-2013, 08:25 PM
I've made a few adjustments. I got rid of the mossy log in the header. It didnt really make sense. Completely changed the logo and made a couple other little tweaks. Unfortunately, The header looks a tad off when viewed with some mobile devices, but the site is still 100% usable.

EricO
08-17-2013, 11:47 PM
Thats correct EO. They are just a bit under 3x5" and just under an inch thick.

Cool! My birthday is coming up soon. *grins*

EO