PDA

View Full Version : Rowboat Re-model

Rockman
08-13-2013, 07:46 AM
A while back I posted my 8' Valco pram for sale. My fishing buds told me I was nuts to get rid of it, so I decided to keep it and give it a "Boat Crashers" makeover. I spent the last to weekends sanding down the wood, removeing the grime off the sides, and polishing up some of the aluminum, ( not the whole boat). Repaired the wood and painted the bench seats, then painted the outside a hammered gun metal grey.
I added the Eidie wheels on the transom, added a rod holder, and a removable high back seat for comfort while stillwater fishing.
My question to everyone that has a great stillwater boat, keeping in mind that I want to keep it lite, what else would you think is essential for the ultimate stillwater pram fishing machine?
I also added a portabale Hummingbird 120 Fishing Buddy fishfinder, have a Minn Kota 55lb thrust elec. trolling motor, I cut and layed rubber foam mat on the floors to keep the boat quiet and comfortable, and an anchor cleat up front, should I add another cleat for anchoring sideways?
Would be grateful for useful suggestions.

Regards
Rockman