PDA

View Full Version : Any fishing reports for the Lassen/Chester area streams?

Almanorangler
08-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Has anyone been able to fish the streams in the Lassen area, Deer creek, Mill creek, Gurnsey? Or even the caribou wilderness lakes. I'm thinking about going up this week

Thanks.
T

wineslob
08-06-2013, 12:10 PM
I'd try the Lassen area. Horseshoe lake, Snag, etc..pretty easy hikes. If you fish Horseshoe, try the back where there are lily pads. The Bow's hide under them.

Be aware that Hwy 32 is being worked on in the Deer Creek canyon.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/local/full-closure-of-highway-32-starts-today/-/14322302/21219570/-/13jrya6z/-/index.html

Almanorangler
08-10-2013, 12:08 PM
I stayed right around Chester. I fished Gurnsey creek and Warner creek. Lots of small fish. 32 is closed Monday thru Friday but open on the weekends. Stopped in and talked to Tom at Lake Almanor Fly Shop in Chester, he was very helpful. If your in Chester, you need to stop at the Burger Depot, best burger in Chester. I don't know if that's saying much..

wineslob
08-12-2013, 10:54 AM
I stayed right around Chester. I fished Gurnsey creek and Warner creek. Lots of small fish. 32 is closed Monday thru Friday but open on the weekends. Stopped in and talked to Tom at Lake Almanor Fly Shop in Chester, he was very helpful. If your in Chester, you need to stop at the Burger Depot, best burger in Chester. I don't know if that's saying much..

Donno about Burger Depot, but if Lassen erupts while ordering at Pine Shack Frosty, your order is free!