PDA

View Full Version : Redington/Sage Fly Rods....

Darian
08-03-2013, 05:54 PM
Got a chance to test drive some new rods by Redington and Sage, recently.

Redington:
1) The, Vapen 9', 5 weight. Fast action, very light in the hand. Casted 40' of line with a single hand (no haul) with ease. No bounce on the stop. A great rod for Trout. Also, casted an 8 weight with the new synthetic grip. Not very aesthetic (kind of orange in color) but the grip performed well; keeping my sweaty palms dry. Maybe a good choice for hot/humid climes.

2) The Butter 7.5', 5 weight. Very slow (soft even) action, fiberglass rod. Casts easily. Brought back a lot of good memories fishing for Bass/Sunnies. A fun stick. This one I could see myself buying.

Sage:
1) The Method 9', 8 weight. Fast action. Very light in the hand. Casted 40' of line with a single hand. Able to pick and cast with a single backcast. The blank is a deep "candy apple" red (just a bit of a turn-off for me, but....). Might be a great Striper rod.

They're all appointed with the usual top quality hardware. With the exception of the Butter rod, the stripper/snake guides are all over sized. The lines cast on all but the Butter were WF. The line on the Butter was DT. Check 'em out when they're available. :cool: