PDA

View Full Version : How's the lower Sac Fishing

mloconn1
07-30-2013, 02:36 PM
I have an opportunity to fish the lower Sacramento this Friday. Looking for suggestions on exactly where. Up in Redding or further down river. Will be drifting.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-31-2013, 08:14 AM
I would not fish down in the valley if it get super hot.

Try to fish early and late this time of year.

It is cooler in the high coutry or over at the coast.

Chris Gearhart
07-31-2013, 08:16 AM
The river has been off and on the past few weeks. The flows have not been really stable. The flows have dropped to around 13k and are due to drop to 12k by Friday morning. If you are looking for numbers you might want to fish below Anderson if you want larger fish I'd look between Posse and Anderson. I'll be on the river Thursday - Saturday.
Hope this helps.
Chris

dude02
07-31-2013, 08:53 AM
mloconn1,

I agree with Chris. Inconsistent at best. The graph below shows how much the flows have fluctuated over the last month or so. It looks like this might be ending and the fishing should become more consistent. We are finally cooled off some, with highs in the low 90's projected for the rest of the week so an all day float won't be too bad if that is what you have in mind.

Salmon season opens August 1 from Deschutes bridge down. Below Balls Ferry is likely to be a zoo starting tomorrow. I'd go no lower than there or Anderson.

Have fun.

http://cdec.water.ca.gov/jspplot/jspPlotServlet.jsp?sensor_no=799&end=07%2F31%2F2013+08%3A35&geom=medium&interval=60&cookies=cdec01

mloconn1
08-03-2013, 09:39 AM
Lower Sac was very good yesterday. A couple of small steelhead (19"), and about 30 trout. Fished Red Bluff to Los Molinas. More noise on the river from the jet boats but no problems accessing trout water.

RJSFLYTRIP
08-03-2013, 10:26 PM
Mike. It was great to have you and Phil out on the river yesterday. I always enjoy fishing with the two of you. Plus it is always fun going to the Lower Sac that most people don't know about. Thank your for your continued business. Hope to see you guys in the fall.