PDA

View Full Version : Video clip: "Salad Days on Silver Creek" by Western Rivers

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-26-2013, 09:26 AM
http://midcurrent.com/2013/07/23/video-hatch-salad-days-silver-creek/?utm_source=MidCurrent+Fly+Fishing+Email+Newslette r&utm_campaign=f2a3a7e748-Newsletter_July_24_2013&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_8efbf3b958-f2a3a7e748-42459121

Every year for about three decades Don Rotsma and Rick Jorgensen have made their journey to Idaho and Montana. I was lucky to be able to go with them in early July of 1986. They always stop coming and/or going at Silver Creek. I think there is still a free basic camp ground there.

There are usually hatches in the morning with it all ending before noon. Then you can go out in the evening again.

Right now I think Rick, Don and Bruce Slightem are there......it is a special place.

Old (91) Joe Shirshac use to fish it in the 1960s.........he had special boxes of very small flies just for Silver Creek.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-26-2013, 09:30 AM
We ran into a school teacher there who had an old VW Bug. He had take out the passenger seat and made a bed down that side. He had a nice rack on top too. He fished and camped out of that rig every summer in ID and MT.

steveg137
07-27-2013, 08:18 PM
Nice film, thanks sharing Bill.

Went to silver creek last October for 4 days in the nature preserve. Beautiful place. Caught plenty of smaller fish but nothing like the brown here, I saw them just couldn't get them to eat.

Looking forward to going back there and giving the Lost a try too.

Cheers steve