PDA

View Full Version : Winston wt- 905

koffler
07-24-2013, 10:38 AM
*** SOLD *** This Winston medium-action graphite fly Rod is a "Classic", is in excellent condition, and comes with factory rod tube and rod sock.

- Half-Wells Grip/Handle

- Nickle Silver Uplocking Reel Seat with Burled Maple Wood Insert

- 9', 5 wt, 3 piece, IM6

- $350

koffler
07-25-2013, 05:16 PM
This is a fiine casting tool. Granted a fair amount were made but if i stick my butt (want to say something else) in the wind this could be a semi-classic ala the Sage LL's for the modern rods. It's more slow than fast and I enjoy that. Great spring creek rod and is also a nice tool for dry flies/emergers whether it be lakes or rivers. This is not a go to for indicator/nymphing. That being said it's akin to a Porshe for dry flies. Reduced to $325 - final offer. Otherwise, I'll enjoy her over the future years.

koffler
07-25-2013, 05:18 PM
PS All my rods are ladies and named appropriately.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-25-2013, 06:34 PM
This is the kind of fly rods David Armocido and I were using a few weeks ago in Montana on Rock Creek for classic dry fly fishing.

A soft 5 weight is a dream for lighter fishing with dries and wets as long as you are not chucking big streamers or a big indicator rig.

Sweet rod...............

koffler
07-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Thanks Bill. I am a trout guy - I own 2 of these exact same series rods. My quiver has 11+ good trout rods. Loooking to expand what I am comfortable with - want a switch rod @ Bills place - my eyes are on the sage tcx 5 weight. I need the funds to subsidize the purchase or my wife will shoot me. I kid you not, this is a fine rod. I live across the street from Folsom Lake - if you want to give the rod a test run let me know. We can be @ the lake iin 2 minutes.

PS - Bill, how was Rock Creek? Fished it many times and I vote it's in the top 10 rivers in the contiental US. You float it or wade in?

koffler
07-29-2013, 08:31 PM
I had a buyer who disappeared. Reduced to 300

flynoob
07-31-2013, 12:05 PM
Koffler. When I saw sold on forum I didn't realize it was to me so I didn't check my inbox again. I'll give you a call. Pick up Friday night. I'm heading to placerville from bay.

Jeff C.
07-31-2013, 01:30 PM
The 5119-4 TCX is sweet rod. I caught the majority of my shad using it this this past run and will be using it for halfpounders. For trout I lke to use my 5110-4 Z-Axis since it is a littler slower than a TCX. If I didn't have that already I would have gotten the 4116-4 One.

koffler
07-31-2013, 01:45 PM
The rod is now officially sold.

Thanks for the feedback Jeff, looking forward to the new stick.