PDA

View Full Version : Dear CA, and BK's board

JGB
07-21-2013, 08:09 AM
Thanx for all...memories and shared knowledge.

Have moved to Denver after 30yrs in CA, which followed the first 20yrs in MT. Will certainly miss my CA adventures, and know that CO has more than it's fair share("...6000 miles of trout streams...") of good fishing, but still...

No Lower McCloud, no Castle Crags East campground, no SF Eel, no redwoods, no Hot Creek, no Black Bear Diners, no Little T, no Mt. Shasta Golf Course, no Big T, no PH #2 conga line, no South Fork Klamath, no Sawmill, no(?) hex hatch, no Prospect access, no metal heads, no Rainbow Lodge, no Coastline, no Hot Creek, no High Sierra trips, no, USac, no Smith, no BK's Fly Shop, ... awwww geez, I'm gonna stop now.

The move is voluntary, was in a "groove" rather than a "rut". Got married and raised kids in CA, but time for a change. Life is good - no debts and no more kids at home, so why not shake it up a bit? Young and healthy enough to "start over", and CO seemed like a great place, so what the heck..!

Will follow this board daily, and will miss CA tremendously, but looking forward to discovering a new life in CO.

Cheers to All.
JGB

Darian
07-21-2013, 08:22 AM
Sounds like you've done everything right. It's good to be able to do something that most are unable to; make a change. Congrats on the move. Here's hoping you get in all the fishing you can handle. :cool:

Scott V
07-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Colorado is a beautiful place, enjoy it.

Bill Kiene semi-retired
07-21-2013, 06:24 PM
Colorado is a great place to be.

Be sure to keep us posted to your adventures there.

Our grandkids are in Colorado Springs.

PatrickM
07-22-2013, 03:42 PM
The wife and I moved to Denver from SF five years ago and are loving it. Lots of good fishing close by. Only real bummer is the lack of steelhead, but that's just an excuse for a good road trip IMO.
What part of town are you moving to, JGB? Feel free to shoot me a pm if you need some pointers on where to fish, flies, etc.
Good luck with the move.

Patrick

booneshaya
07-22-2013, 07:11 PM
My wife and I are planning on doing the same life changing adventure in a few years to the Boulder area. Wish I was where you are at in life now. Guess I'll have to be content with slammin' metal heads for a few more seasons. Looking forward to the big move in a few years. Leave a few fish for me out there!!!